1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Earnyourstripes
December 28, 2020, 9:14am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -67
Gold Stars: 1
I have been a Town supporter all of my life and no matter were i have lived or what i have done for a living been a Town supporter has always delivered the occasional offensive comment. Over Christmas i was talking to a family member who is a Sheffield United supporter and he ripped into me about how our once great club is been used! (i know a sheff utd fan)
I have been around football a long time both full time and semi-pro and it is clear that there are several opinions on the meaning of the phrase "Directors Loan"
It is normal that a director may call a loan in but in the vast majority of cases they are written off, anybody who goes into running a football club at Towns level should be aware there is a vast chance that there will be no return, have no doubt that Fenty has done more than his fair share for the club but there comes a time at any club that those involved have to move on, player,coach,board no matter who they are.
So why is the club been used you may ask?
No football club is wholely owned, without fans,commercial suppport and good will of the community you have nothing, no club is a one man band and Grimsby most certainly isnt. Fenty belives he is Mr Grimsby Town, but if that is right he would have realised by now that he is a custodian and not an owner!
I urge Fenty to sell to the Tom Shutes group (provided all areas of the deal are met) and give the club a real chance.
Mr Fenty it is unlkely you will read this but if you do here is a word from a Sheffield United fan, people who run football clubs are remembered for what they leave behind and not what they inherit, if you choose to be pig headed and use the club as a weapon you will forever be remembered as the man who put Grimsby back in non-league football and out of bussiness.
It is vital that the fans stick together for the good of the club and the community.

Logged Offline
Private Message
MuddyWaters
December 28, 2020, 9:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Great post. Think JF needs to understand that, whilst many people used to think he was doing his best, several are now thinking differently.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just a few thoughts

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.