Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Genuine Questions?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 279 Guests

Genuine Questions?

This thread currently has 2,002 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
December 27, 2020, 7:50pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201

I'm not the brightest when it comes to understanding football/company finances, and this is not a dig at the Shutes consortium, far from it.

I hope JF see's the light and accepts their offer.

If the consortium pays off JF's loans, I take it said loans will then be owed to them and not written off, or will they?

Then there's the question, what's in it financially for JF or the consortium for them both to be so keen to be involved in delivering the new stadium?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
December 27, 2020, 7:57pm
Guest User
I don't know
Reply: 1 - 8
GollyGTFC
December 27, 2020, 7:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from promotion plaice

I'm not the brightest when it comes to understanding football/company finances, and this is not a dig at the Shutes consortium, far from it.

If the consortium pays off JF's loans, I take it said loans will then be owed to them and not written off, or will they?

Then there's the question, what's in it financially for JF or the consortium for them both to be so keen to be involved in delivering the new stadium?

The consortium could loan GTFC the money to pay off Fenty, or they might choose to buy further shares instead so that the club isn't in debt.

Re: new stadium. There should be nothing in it personally for either the consortium or Fenty in building a new stadium. But for the club it's a chance to increase both matchday and non-matchday revenue streams which can only be good for GTFC.

Shutes & co seem to motivated by rejuvenating a derelict part of the town with the football club at the heart of it.

Whatever Fenty's motivation is hardly worth worrying about. He's had nearly 18 years to deliver a new stadium and he's failed miserably. Won't happen on his watch.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 8
Bigdog
December 27, 2020, 8:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from promotion plaice

According to their statement, the club will be paying the loans off over three years, seemingly underwritten by the consortium. Yet to see the consortium's plans for the short and long term with the club, further share issue for additional investment or director's loans? I think there's still more to see regarding the structure of the takeover party. Whatever it is, it will be better than we have now, that's if they do actually take over..

I'd guess the consortium's plans for the new stadium and wider generation are more legacy based. We'll have to be patient for now to find out..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
HertsGTFC
December 27, 2020, 8:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Bigdog

The club will be paying the loans off over three years, seemingly underwritten by the consortium. Yet to see the consortium's plans for the short and long term with the club, further share issue for additional investment or not. Whatever it is, it will be better than we have now, that's if they do actually take over..

I'd guess the consortium's plans are more legacy based. We'll have to be patient for now to find out..

Agree Bigdog, I’d like to understand how the £500k per season will be generated as you’d assume it would come from the balance sheet each year.

I’d also like to think that similar to what Lincoln have done we’d add experience, expertise and investment by adding additional board members and some non exec support in specific areas when required.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
moosey_club
December 27, 2020, 8:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,317
Gold Stars: 229
I think it's pretty rare in football nowadays that anybody actually pays any bill's.....re-mortgaged, re-financed, etc....
Seems the norm when clubs get taken over.

Wouldn't be surprised if this one is any different.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
lukeo
December 28, 2020, 8:11am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
I assume they have an interest in Gtfc as businessmen because if we get the new stadium the whole area arround it will be built and 'boom'
They'll be making ££££££ from the regeneration and then obviously if this helps town improve on the pitch wiith a promotion or two then their shares will be worth more etc. Obviously they're seeing it as a potential money making investment for themselves but if it works who's to complain?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
Ipswin
December 28, 2020, 8:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Bigdog

I'd guess the consortium's plans for the new stadium and wider generation are more legacy based. ..

Mad man Holloway wanted to create one of those

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
aldi_01
December 28, 2020, 9:11am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Ipswin

Mad man Holloway wanted to create one of those

But the fact he was a Mad Man suggested it would never get close to fruition...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Genuine Questions?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.