This thread currently has 1,404 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
lancspontooner
December 27, 2020, 4:15pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +213
It's difficult at this stage of the season for season ticket holders to affect anything as our money has already disappeared into the club's coffers. But this season in particular the 1200 or so season ticket holders represent the core that the club cannot afford to lose. If we can somehow show our dissatisfaction with John Fenty and and get that in front of the Board then the protest cannot just be dismissed as an unrepresentative section of internet keyboard warriors.

Season ticket holders have been receiving a link from Sam Strandt to download a free programme ahead of home games. I've just emailed Sam and asked him (politely) to not send me any further links until there is a change of ownership and John Fenty is no longer on the Board. I will not be watching any "free" games on ifollow either nor will I be renewing my season ticket. I asked for this to be communicated to the Board and to his credit Sam has already responded and forwarded my email on to the Board - on a Sunday!.

I have absolutely no issue with Sam or the rest of the office staff who do a good job in difficult circumstances but this cannot continue. We need new owners, a new manager and new players and we have little time to do it. John Fenty needs to act now and season ticket holders should email Sam, cancel your free programme and send a clear message to the Board that we demand change.
Logged Offline
Private Message
TAGG
December 27, 2020, 4:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Great idea I shall do the same.
I know there are not that many of us ST holders this season but if we do this then it will show the feelings we have.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
toontown
December 27, 2020, 5:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
That's a good idea to try and get through to "concrete head" phillip day
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
Ruston AT
December 27, 2020, 5:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +426
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from toontown

I really don't think it will make any difference, we really don't know what is going on and we never will. We're only allowed to know what the Elites (what a laugh that is) want us to know.

What is needed is the board to resign and force the situation unfortunately that will not happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
moosey_club
December 27, 2020, 5:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,315
Gold Stars: 227
I applaud your efforts.  

If there was any chance of getting in the ground I wouldn't go at all, regardless of having a ticket already or not.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
headingly_mariner
December 27, 2020, 5:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
They’ve already got our money. I’m still watching the games I’ve paid for. No skin off their noses.

I’ll not be renewing if he’s still here though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
OneLove
December 27, 2020, 6:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Season ticket holder should go, as its paid for an back the lads on the pitch but not spend a single penny in the ground
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
KingstonMariner
December 27, 2020, 8:26pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from toontown

It won’t sink in with our Pip. He doesn’t recognise stats that are measured through technology. Anything later than telegrams is not to be trusted. Better still if it’s in Norse Runes. That’s how the majority of fans communicate don’t you know.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Ticket Boycott

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.