55 Pages Prev ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 Next All Recommend Thread
OddShapedBalls
June 12, 2023, 11:31am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,193
Gold Stars: 40
It's like they all skipped the whole 'thou shalt not kill' bit of the bible when trying to find the anti-abortion chapter.

As for always being the woman's free choice.....It's more nuanced than that i'm afraid and I doubt anyone has the 100% correct answer.  For starters, at what point in the pregnancy do we decide 'life' is definitive and therefore abortion is murder?  What rights should the prospective father have in this decision?  Is this no-abortion thing really just motivated by a desperate and clumsy attempt to stave off the projected population implosion?  What laws were passed quietly under the radar whilst everyone was focused on this issue?  I'll never know I guess
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 530 - 545
codcheeky
June 12, 2023, 4:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from OddShapedBalls
It's like they all skipped the whole 'thou shalt not kill' bit of the bible when trying to find the anti-abortion chapter.

As for always being the woman's free choice.....It's more nuanced than that i'm afraid and I doubt anyone has the 100% correct answer.  For starters, at what point in the pregnancy do we decide 'life' is definitive and therefore abortion is murder?  What rights should the prospective father have in this decision?  Is this no-abortion thing really just motivated by a desperate and clumsy attempt to stave off the projected population implosion?  What laws were passed quietly under the radar whilst everyone was focused on this issue?  I'll never know I guess

https://www.theguardian.com/wo.....ter-legal-time-limit

It is indeed as this as this case shows, what good sending her to jail and leaving three kids without a mother does is beyond me though
Private Message
Reply: 531 - 545
promotion plaice
October 15, 2023, 9:26am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

Didn't take long did it :-

‘Call us’ – German minister sends apparent trading relations invitation to UK.

https://www.aol.co.uk/money/call-us-german-minister-sends-092424109.html

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 532 - 545
Humbercod
October 15, 2023, 10:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from promotion plaice

Bloody Brexit 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 533 - 545
Maringer
October 16, 2023, 1:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,631
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from promotion plaice

Did you read the article, and not just the headline?

A German minister says we should look to reopen negotiations to remove some of the barriers put in place even after Johnson's trade deal was implemented. He isn't coming to us, cap in hand, asking for a better deal (and couldn't do so, obviously, as it would be the EU commission running the negotiations). He is recommending that we come to them, cap in hand, to ask to negotiate a better deal. Considering that the EU (still) holds pretty much all of the cards, the only way we are going to negotiate a better deal for us is if we agree to further concessions of the sort that the Brexiteers are too stupid to ever agree with. Brexit is nothing more than an act of faith now. Everybody can see that Brexit has been a steaming pile of shite for the country, as foretold, but it is heresy to admit it. If you're a Conservative politician, you are still scared of the right-wing headbangers who fund the party and elect its leaders. If you are part of Starmer's Labour Party, he is so terrified of not winning back the 'Red Wall' voters who were duped into thinking Brexit could ever be a success, that he's too scared to say or do anything in this regard. The politicians running both of the major parties are just pathetically inept that I can't see anything but continued decline for the next decade, which is pretty depressing.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 534 - 545
chaos33
October 16, 2023, 2:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,972
Gold Stars: 360
Correct

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 535 - 545
chaos33
October 16, 2023, 4:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,972
Gold Stars: 360
I see ‘prominent brexiteer’ (code for dimwitted bigot who doesn’t understand economics) Peter Bone (isn’t nominative determinism a beautiful thing) has been  charged with bullying and sexual misconduct, in what is now, a completely normal set of circumstances for a Tory politician. He will face a suspension and possible local election for his seat. Anyone who’s ever listened to Peter Bone(head) will, I’m sure, be shocked to discover that he’s actually a rather disgusting deviant, lying gammon and all round tw*t. Still, this lot have rather normalised this kind of hatefully unprofessional and sub-human conduct haven’t they.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 536 - 545
Maringer
October 16, 2023, 10:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,631
Gold Stars: 185
In his defence, he claims that all the allegations are completely fictitious.

However, the prosecution is satisfied that there is enough evidence to prove his guilt. Has always struck me as being a twit though everything he has ever said in public, so wouldn't surprise me.

Interesting to see that a complaint was made to the Conservative Party some years ago, but the proceedings never went anywhere so, after 5 years, the complainant went to this board instead.

Very revealing response from CCHQ:

“This case was investigated by [Conservative Central Headquarters], however the complainant withdrew from the process before the case was heard.”

No denial of the complaint, but ultimately a shameless admission that they deliberately hadn't bothered to carry the case forward and didn't have the balls to close it. Must have wanted to keep the story under wraps.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 537 - 545
ginnywings
November 26, 2023, 7:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
I see the claiming back of our sovereignty and banishing all those johnny foreigners is going well. Record numbers of migrants since we left the EU. The figure has now been rounded up to over 700,000 for the year to December 2022.

They also said that we would be better off. Food, goods and services would be cheaper. Trade with other countries would take up the slack. The NHS would receive millions of extra money. Etc etc.

Are any of you Brexiteers ready yet to admit you were lied to and were completely wrong about the outcomes?

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 538 - 545
Humbercod
November 27, 2023, 4:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Humbercod

Update… Grimsby or Scunthorpe have been shortlisted for the country’s first Hydrogen town. Great news for the area.

Just a follow up if anyone is interested, the delivery plan has now been submitted to the government -

https://www.eastcoasthydrogen......very-Plan-Report.pdf

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 539 - 545
55 Pages Prev ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Brexit deal agreed

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.