Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Brexit deal agreed
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, grimsby pete and 17 Guests

Brexit deal agreed

This thread currently has 25,302 views. Print
55 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Stadium
December 26, 2020, 8:11am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from codcheeky

Whose a remoaner,I voted to leave to get our waters back, Johnson has completely failed in this, they are even allowed to fish within our 12 mile limit. If you want to see it’s a a positive it’s your choice, the fact is we caved in on fishing to get a deal, we have our sovereignty but not our waters. Norway have a much better deal no one but them can fish their seas without permission. So we got back a tiny bit of our own fish wow
Not interested in who won or lost, this is not much different to Mays deal, but I am sure the spin will be different. I would expect the local MPs to vote against because it sold the fishing industry down the river, However it seems Starmer will back it so it should sail through

No doubt they'll be giving their quotes on how it's a fantastic deal.
I'll pretty sure they'll both vote for it without a thought for a local industry.
Let's face it there both not exactly champions for local issues.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 545
codcheeky
December 27, 2020, 7:00am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
[quote=2226]
We can now catch MORE of our own fish than we could when we were in the EU.

You'll never please the remoaners Boris mate, those that insisted we get a deal.

[/https://www.theguardian.com/po.....o-ratify-brexit-deal

Boris Johnson has lied to the fishing industry and sold it out for a deal , you can choose to believe his propaganda machine or you can look at the facts, I believe we will do ok outside the U.K. but pretending it is anything but a poor deal for U.K. sovereignty over its waters is just stupid, and to think for many that wasn’t the main point of Brexit is very strange
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 545
Maringer
December 29, 2020, 10:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,640
Gold Stars: 188
Unusual for a 'trade deal' to add so many restrictions to trading instead of removing them, but that's the nature of the beast with Brexit.

Anyway, as expected, the fishing industry has been chucked under a bus. Unfortunately, so has the services sector which is one of the biggest contributors to our economy. Not too many extra impediments for the manufacturing sector, thankfully.

Ultimately, not as much of a shitshow as no deal at all but obviously worse terms than membership of the EU or EFTA. Screwed over the ease with which our kids can study, live and work abroad as well, of course. Let's hope that our extra sovereignty is worth it.

Not an encouraging start that the bill going through parliament (which will pass as Keir 'Bloody Useless' Starmer is whipping his MPs to support it), contains clauses to allow ministers to effectively make up the law at will without going to parliament. Can you imagine just what sort of nonsense the current bunch of no-marks will come up with?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 545
Stadium
December 29, 2020, 10:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Unusual for a 'trade deal' to add so many restrictions to trading instead of removing them, but that's the nature of the beast with Brexit.

Anyway, as expected, the fishing industry has been chucked under a bus. Unfortunately, so has the services sector which is one of the biggest contributors to our economy. Not too many extra impediments for the manufacturing sector, thankfully.

Ultimately, not as much of a shitshow as no deal at all but obviously worse terms than membership of the EU or EFTA. Screwed over the ease with which our kids can study, live and work abroad as well, of course. Let's hope that our extra sovereignty is worth it.

Not an encouraging start that the bill going through parliament (which will pass as Keir 'Bloody Useless' Starmer is whipping his MPs to support it), contains clauses to allow ministers to effectively make up the law at will without going to parliament. Can you imagine just what sort of nonsense the current bunch of no-marks will come up with?

Labours position is irrelevant.
The Conservatives have an ample majority for it to pass.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 545
Maringer
December 29, 2020, 11:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,640
Gold Stars: 188
As the ERG nutters have apparently decided it will be OK for them, I realise that Labour's position is irrelevant in the vote itself, but by whipping they are appearing to back it completely. When the inevitable fallout occurs, they'll be seen as complicit and can't argue they'd have done anything different.

I'd imagine Starmer feels he has to be seen as being decisive on something as he's been so reluctant to take a stand before now, but this isn't the time or the place in my view. Abstain and make clear that you've done so because it is a weak deal in so many respects. It might hurt in the shorter-term, but the next election is a long way off and people's memories are short.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 545
ginnywings
December 30, 2020, 12:43am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Yeah, it's a bit late for Labour to get decisive over Brexit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 545
FishOutOfWater
December 30, 2020, 11:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from ginnywings

Wasn't meant as an insult,  sorry you saw it that way.

Dominic Cummings came up with strategy they used. The big red bus and everything. Watch the film they made about it, starring Benedict Cumberbatch.

Taking back control    was Cummings' tag line

It was he that added the "back" in to the "taking control" notion....

Quite a shrewd move because it made those who wanted to leave think they would be getting something tangible back that had been taken away from them rather than just enforcing the concept of the UK government controlling things independently (budgets etc)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 36 - 545
Stadium
December 31, 2020, 10:30am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from codcheeky

Whose a remoaner,I voted to leave to get our waters back, Johnson has completely failed in this, they are even allowed to fish within our 12 mile limit. If you want to see it’s a a positive it’s your choice, the fact is we caved in on fishing to get a deal, we have our sovereignty but not our waters. Norway have a much better deal no one but them can fish their seas without permission. So we got back a tiny bit of our own fish wow
Not interested in who won or lost, this is not much different to Mays deal, but I am sure the spin will be different. I would expect the local MPs to vote against because it sold the fishing industry down the river, However it seems Starmer will back it so it should sail through

As predicted both local MP's voted for the trade deal.
No doubt they'll have some soundbites around the local fishing industry & then that'll be the last we hear about it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 545
KingstonMariner
January 6, 2021, 12:37am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimsby pete

I know that Ginny hence my wink.

We are free to make our  own deals now and we will make them on better terms.

Stop being so defeatist .

Pete, he’s being defeatist because we lost. It’s 1944 and we’re Germany. We beat ourselves. Suicide.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 545
KingstonMariner
January 6, 2021, 12:41am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimsby pete
I second what PP says we joined a common market not the United States of europe.

We are better off making our own rules, laws and deals not been told by other unelected ( by us ) people.

Like intercourse we are! 😂😂😂😂

Sure you’ve seen evidence of the last few months.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 545
55 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Brexit deal agreed

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.