Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can you walk away?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 279 Guests

Can you walk away?

This thread currently has 2,729 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
December 23, 2020, 6:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
Asking you as fans. Can you turn your back on the club?

No doubt it will break my heart to do so, love the club, my life in many ways, but what JF his board of illegitimates have done today has made it impossible for me to support the club. I cannot. Will not put another penny in whilst he is here.
All i’ve known in football terms is town, and many others too, and we dont deserve this, but i’m finished with the club until John Fenty goes. And i fear it maybe RIP GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
grimsby pete
December 23, 2020, 6:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
No mate but what we can do is stay away and not spend a penny on the club until Fent y goes.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
ginnywings
December 23, 2020, 6:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Would be easy to walk away from something I don't see as mine anymore, and have no more affinity with. Plus I think it would be short term pain for long term gain.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
HertsGTFC
December 23, 2020, 6:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Hagrid
Asking you as fans. Can you turn your back on the club?

No doubt it will break my heart to do so, love the club, my life in many ways, but what JF his board of illegitimates have done today has made it impossible for me to support the club. I cannot. Will not put another penny in whilst he is here.
All i’ve known in football terms is town, and many others too, and we dont deserve this, but i’m finished with the club until John Fenty goes. And i fear it maybe RIP GTFC

At this rate they’ll be f**k all to walk away from

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
RonMariner
December 23, 2020, 6:41pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,860
Gold Stars: 230
Yes.

At least while the current regime is in place. The club stinks.

I have suggested on another thread that we all switch our money and support to Cleethorpes Town.  Be fun to see them moving up through the leagues.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
Northbank Mariner
December 23, 2020, 6:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
I will not p!ss into Fentys pot anymore, 45 years of supporting this club, defending it against the yorkies I work with, buying shirts, coats, hats year in year out will now cease. I cannot take the stress and pain another minute, Fenty has single handily ruined 140+ years of history. Sorry guys n gals but I'm done until there's a complete overhaul of the board room.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
aldi_01
December 23, 2020, 6:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Whilst I’ll be putting nothing more in to the club I refuse to let that flipping horrible poisonous cretin and his pointless chums stop me from watching my team...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
IlkleyMariner
December 23, 2020, 7:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,034
Gold Stars: 69
I’m out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
Heisenberg
December 23, 2020, 7:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,116
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from RonMariner
Yes.

At least while the current regime is in place. The club stinks.

I have suggested on another thread that we all switch our money and support to Cleethorpes Town.  Be fun to see them moving up through the leagues.

Ron, I will not f#cking have that. I’m sorry, but f#ck Cleethorpes. This isn’t the same thing. Absolutely turn your back on the club to make a point, but never switch allegiances.

Onto another point, if there was no Covid, what attendance would we get next home game? I genuinely believe <2,000. This is a game changing time if we act....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
toontown
December 23, 2020, 7:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
It's not turning your back on the club to stop giving money to opprobrious, it's the opposite now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can you walk away?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.