Club Statement

This thread currently has 5,292 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
December 23, 2020, 11:39am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,319
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from OneLove
All we need now is a statement from fenty via day stating he isn't selling his shares and that the clubs not for sale just to make 2020 even more unbearable. I literally hate GTFC as a club at the moment, we are in a bigger pickle than a Haywards factory.

saw what you did there.....

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 45
grimsby pete
December 23, 2020, 11:51am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Ollie has gone because he had an agreement to take over from Fenty as the major share holder as I said in a previous post (s ).

So much for being here for the fans anyway best of luck in what you do next Ollie.

I wish I could say you have turned out great club around but I can't you have left us in a bigger mess.

The next appointment has got to be the right man for us..

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 45
malkamalka
December 23, 2020, 11:55am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
Did Hollaway know that Fenty was selling his shares to someone else, when he said he wouldn't be investing in the club?

Who are these "new" owners anyway?

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 45
forza ivano
December 23, 2020, 12:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from malkamalka
Did Hollaway know that Fenty was selling his shares to someone else, when he said he wouldn't be investing in the club?

Who are these "new" owners anyway?

i suspect so, but i also think the 'outing' and abandonment of the dodgy May deal was the main reason
The Holy Trinty are Stockwood/Shutes & Pettit
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 45
arryarryarry
December 23, 2020, 12:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
In my opinion, his rhetoric over the past few weeks was he was looking for a way out and it comes as no surprise to me.

Am I disappointed he has gone, not really, I tend not to join in with the "we've got a great manager here" discussions on here when one arrives, as in recent years it usually goes mammaries up. I appreciate we have had a problem with the player Budget and Covid clauses but who decided on which players we would sign as we have signed some crap and apart from a very few games the football has been pretty dreadful as well as the pissing about with team changes.

I don't know who has written the Club statement :-

The board and Ollie had a joint vision, first to improve the league position, secondly to deliver top class training facilities and finally by relocation to a new community stadium.

Did that joint vision include accepting that criminal May's money and how much did Holloway know about May?

If he knew about May's past then he can intercourse off with the rest of them.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 45
mimma
December 23, 2020, 1:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 78
Do the new owners have the finances to take us forward? From what we can gather they so far don't seem to have the money for what is needed. They seem to have less money than Fenty. It's one thing to be rid of Fenty, but are we replacing him with more of the same because of a lack of money?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 45
Northbank Mariner
December 23, 2020, 1:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from mimma
Do the new owners have the finances to take us forward? From what we can gather they so far don't seem to have the money for what is needed. They seem to have less money than Fenty. It's one thing to be rid of Fenty, but are we replacing him with more of the same because of a lack of money?

You're having a laugh... Stockwood alone is worth more the Fenty!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 45
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 23, 2020, 1:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from mimma

Isn’t Shutes selling his house for more than Fenty sold his business? Anyway it’s not just about the money it’s about the decision making, the ethos of the club and using the revenue that does come into the club sensibly and not having a penny pinching approach. Been said many times that the club is self financed by the fans and other income and no other investment has been forthcoming for quite some time so I’m sure any new owners can improve upon that!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 45
arryarryarry
December 23, 2020, 1:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from mimma

"From what we gather" Please do enlighten us to their available finances, what is it that you know?

You always seem to come on here and support the Fenty regime, are you in that clan?
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 45
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 23, 2020, 1:45pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I am just hoping that JF will sell the club quickly and fairly. At the moment I have a sinking feeling he is going to take as much as he can lay his hands on and leave the club looking like a house vacated by squatters as his parting gift to the supporters.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Club Statement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.