Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So.......
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 231 Guests

So.......

This thread currently has 2,539 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 23, 2020, 10:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,025
Gold Stars: 190
With Holloway now gone, that leaves us with 729 players on the books and no doubt, the new gaffer will also want to bring their own in.

When he came in, the  club was pushed into the forefront of the media, and the thought was that we were actually on a new trajectory and that the old ship ‘jolly roger’ was as steady as could be. Nearly a year on, we’re back to square one, with possibly new owners coming in.

The question is, who the f**k comes in now? The club is tarnished with such an amount of creosote that even the most desperate of managers would possibly think twice. Are we going to see the assistant manager take on the role.....oh hang on a minute......

Fenty needs to come out now and say what’s going on. Give the fans the truth about what’s going on and follow IH down the a16

Fenty is not town. Holloway is not town.

It’s those that support the club with their feet and wallets that make this club

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
December 23, 2020, 10:52am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +876
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
The question is, who the f**k comes in now?

Money talks. If the new owners stump up the cash, the world is their oyster. Plenty of good Managers out there without a job at the moment, both in the UK and in Europe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
KingstonMariner
December 23, 2020, 11:32am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Money talks. If the new owners stump up the cash, the world is their oyster. Plenty of good Managers out there without a job at the moment, both in the UK and in Europe.

They’re not coming here to spend cash bumping up the wages.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
Ipswin
December 23, 2020, 11:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from KingstonMariner

They’re not coming here to spend cash bumping up the wages.

Apart from filling in the fish dock and putting us in a new ground there as part of their Grimsby town (with a small 't') project they're not coming to splash money on the football club at all IMO

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
KingstonMariner
December 23, 2020, 11:36am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Apart from filling in the fish dock and putting us in a new ground there as part of their Grimsby town (with a small 't') project they're not coming to splash money on the football club at all IMO

That’s different from spending money on wages. They’re all about capital investment.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
BobbyCummingsTackle
December 23, 2020, 11:40am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,321
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from Ipswin

What have the Romans ever done for us?........

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 23, 2020, 11:47am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Ipswin

I would see little point in buying a football club, building a new stadium(even using other people’s money) if you make no additional investment in the club itself as without investment the club will just sink further and any new stadium will be the proverbial White Elephant. I know it’s a time of doom and gloom but we have to trust that new owners will want to improve on Fenty’s squalid achievements over the last 16 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
KingstonMariner
December 23, 2020, 11:49am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

I would see little point in buying a football club, building a new stadium(even using other people’s money) if you make no additional investment in the club itself as without investment the club will just sink further and any new stadium will be the proverbial White Elephant. I know it’s a time of doom and gloom but we have to trust that new owners will want to improve on Fenty’s squalid achievements over the last 16 years.

They’re not coming to do an Abramovich. That’s not what these fellahs are about. Any extra cash for the squad and management will have to come from extra revenue (after covering higher stadium costs).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
OneLove
December 23, 2020, 11:53am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Ipswin

Until they are here your comment on them and their spenditure is pointless and useless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
tashee69
December 23, 2020, 12:02pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from OneLove

Until they are here your comment on them and their spenditure is pointless and useless.

So pretty much like the end result of a home game this season 🤣

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So.......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.