1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
December 20, 2020, 4:58pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +876
Gold Stars: 123
I'm just watching the extended highlights and the commentator stated that it was 30 years since Scunny last lost to Grimsby at BP in the league.

Is that correct? Statto' s needed.

I know we like to go to their ground and come away with a win but hadn't realised it was the same for them
Logged Offline
Private Message
sonofmadeleymariner
December 20, 2020, 5:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
I did see something like it was the first time we've beat Scunny in back to back league games since 1972 so I wouldn't be shocked if that stat was right. Quick check on 11vs11 and it right we've not beat them at home since 1990

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
December 20, 2020, 6:36pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,482
Gold Stars: 16
Could be because we’ve hardly been in the same division as them during those years, good and (latterly) bad!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
Les Brechin
December 20, 2020, 6:36pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,727
Gold Stars: 174
I'm just watching the extended highlights and the commentator stated that it was 30 years since Scunny last lost to Grimsby at BP in the league.

Is that correct? Statto' s needed.

I know we like to go to their ground and come away with a win but hadn't realised it was the same for them

We have only played them at home twice in the league since then (before yesterday). A 0-0 draw in 04/05 and a 1-0 defeat last season.  Only other home games since then was 0-0 draw in the FA Cup in 13/14 before we won the replay there and a 2-1 defeat in the JPT(or whatever they call it now) last season.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
Limerick Mariner
December 20, 2020, 6:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,746
Gold Stars: 138
I did see something like it was the first time we've beat Scunny in back to back league games since 1972 so I wouldn't be shocked if that stat was right. Quick check on 11vs11 and it right we've not beat them at home since 1990
Yes the last back to back League wins were in Lawrie Macs second season 72/73. Why the feck we appointed their manager, Ron Ashman,
to replace him - I’ve never fathomed. We must have had some decent compensation from Soton. I guess it’s what Grimsby Town boards do, like fail to back Bill Shankly in the transfer market...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 20, 2020, 8:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,025
Gold Stars: 190
I remember the 2-1 win over them on a Tuesday night during Buckley’s 1st era. Always was a good atmosphere under the floodlights in the old pontoon. From what I recall it wasn’t that long after beating Lincoln thanks to a Dave Gilbert penalty

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
Peeler_Crab
December 20, 2020, 8:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +371
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
I remember the 2-1 win over them on a Tuesday night during Buckley’s 1st era. Always was a good atmosphere under the floodlights in the old pontoon. From what I recall it wasn’t that long after beating Lincoln thanks to a Dave Gilbert penalty

Here you go.. UTM!

https://youtu.be/eNbLr0HUSgg

“What has Alan Buckley got in his pocket!" Roly Godfrey - Blundell Park - 1990.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Must have been the 30 year itch

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.