arryarryarry
December 19, 2020, 8:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from forza ivano

wonder how mr findlater came by his information???

My understanding is that another news organsation were aware of May's involvement some weeks ago.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
KingstonMariner
December 19, 2020, 8:20pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from LH

As things stand we are a collection of fans rather than an organised group. The letter itself was signed off as our status as a Trust member and it ranged from lapsed members like myself to ex-Trust board members.  I can’t speak for everyone in the group but I only know four or five of them. One of the issues picked up on in the big conversation before we focused on questioning the Trust was a mistrust of the Trust. The feeling is very much that if we stand on the same side as the Trust then we can work with them. We’re still waiting for a full response but again - it was a positive reaction.  

The other advantage by working through the Trust is that if there ever is a concerted fundraising, it is a ready made body, set up with appropriate governance rules.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
LH
December 19, 2020, 8:35pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from KingstonMariner

The other advantage by working through the Trust is that if there ever is a concerted fundraising, it is a ready made body, set up with appropriate governance rules.

Agree personally and there’s an element of too many cooks if we have multiple groups working in different directions. It’s time to stand together and aim to achieve what the overwhelming majority of Town fans want.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
mariner91
December 19, 2020, 8:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,772
Gold Stars: 262
Personally so far I think there is a mandate from various polls across various platforms that there is an appetite for change in the boardroom. I haven't seen a poll get less than 83% wanting Fenty Out/change in the boardroom so far. One that had over 1000 people in it, a decent and representative proportion of the fanbase, was over 90% wanting change in the boardroom.

I'm both a trust member and a member of this collection of fans that contacted the Trust regarding their stance and indicating a willingness to help if necessary. I think generally there is a slight mistrust of the Trust after the shares fiasco and I think some fans think they may be a little under Fenty's thumb. This statement goes some way to easing those concerns and I really hope the Trust can be the vehicle for change and getting the fans' collective voices across. I'm not advocating fan ownership per se, I think the vision for the town and club put forward by Shutes, Stockwood and Pettit is really exciting and they seem to have the relevant knowledge, experience and contacts to make it a reality. But in my opinion the trust has a vital role to play in this and if, as this statement would suggest, they're also looking to change things in the boardroom for the good of the club then as fans we need to support them at this time and in return get our voices heard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
KingstonMariner
December 19, 2020, 8:54pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
To be honest I think the Trust board have been waiting for signs of what the fans really want for years.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
mariner91
December 19, 2020, 8:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,772
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from KingstonMariner
To be honest I think the Trust board have been waiting for signs of what the fans really want for years.

Yes perhaps that's true. I think it's now fairly obvious but anyone that does want to bring change about should be vocal about it in any way they see fit. Be it on here, on social media or even maybe an email to the trust themselves. If you're not a member of the trust already, maybe now is the time to join and on joining let them know that you fully support and seek change in the boardroom. Fenty and his cronies will be waiting this out hoping that the outrage subsides and the calls for change become less regular and from fewer people. We must not let that happen.

As always #FentyOut
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust Update

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.