Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ....and on a happier note.....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 252 Guests

....and on a happier note.....

This thread currently has 3,250 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
December 17, 2020, 5:39pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +878
Gold Stars: 123
Dear WBJ,

Thank you for your generous donation of £3,343.43 which could help Samaritans answer 703 more potentially life-saving calls for help.

It’s down to you and your company that we can be there, around the clock, when people need us most.

We answer a call for help every six seconds. Because of your company’s support, we’ll be able to keep up with growing demand.

We work with companies to develop partnerships that inspire staff, gain great publicity, create healthier workplaces and allow us to continue our life-saving work.

If you’re interested in partnering with us, please get in touch with our Corporate Partnerships team, or [/support-us/business-partnerships/]visit the site.

You can call us on 020 8394 8272 or email corporateteam@samaritans.org.

Thank you again for your incredible support. We wouldn’t be here without you.

Alice Firbank,

Corporate Partnerships team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
Sandford1981
December 17, 2020, 5:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Brilliant charities and never a better time to be throwing some vital cash their way.
Within the last week, through a mate and the missus I’ve become aware of 2 local people ending their lives. Tragic and sad.
Just a heads up that there is still a thread on the non footy side that is open for anyone suffering with mental health issues or wanting to get something off their chest.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
December 17, 2020, 6:00pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
WBJ is my vote for player of the season.  Awesome effort and achievement.

I dont need any thanks. I did what I did. Yes I suggested the idea, and set up the crowdfunding page after a few members said they would donate, but the generosity of everyone blew me away. For 5 hours it was averaging £750 per hour. Staggering is the only word I can use

It is everyone else who either donated and/or shared the details who needs thanking. I certainly couldnt have done it alone.

Special thanks to Mikey_345 who helped me enormously on Twitter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
December 18, 2020, 9:12am

Brandy Drinker

Dear WBJ,

Thank you for your donation of £3,343.43 in memory of Paul Miles.

We know the impact of suicide on family, friends and colleagues can be immense and long lasting, so it’s important to look after yourself. You can use the CALM helpline and webchat whenever you need it, and can find more support in Help Is at Hand and at http://www.supportaftersuicide.org.uk.

Last year CALM answered more than 120,000 potentially life-saving calls and webchats. We're now working to expand the support on our helpline, and grow our campaigning activity around the UK to reach more people and save more lives.

If you’d like to continue to support CALM, there’s loads of stuff you can get involved with. Head here for some ideas, or read about our latest campaigns and activity.

Thanks again for being part of the movement against suicide.

All the best,
From Billy, James and all at CALM HQ

CAMPAIGN AGAINST LIVING MISERABLY (CALM)
Twitter @theCALMzone | Facebook @theCALMzone | Instagram @CALMzone
PO Box 68766, London, SE1P 4JZ. Charity Reg No: 1110621 & Scot SC044347.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
Mikey_345
December 18, 2020, 9:32am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,576
Gold Stars: 113

I dont need any thanks. I did what I did. Yes I suggested the idea, and set up the crowdfunding page after a few members said they would donate, but the generosity of everyone blew me away. For 5 hours it was averaging £750 per hour. Staggering is the only word I can use

It is everyone else who either donated and/or shared the details who needs thanking. I certainly couldnt have done it alone.

Special thanks to Mikey_345 who helped me enormously on Twitter.

Pleasure mate. Well done for driving this forward. Some very much needed funds for some very worthy causes at a time of year they are needed most. Top job mate

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
heppy88
December 18, 2020, 9:35am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
A fantastic effort. It’s great to see mental health charities receiving much needed funds. Having mental health issues can be a complete and utter living nightmare. Town fans really are the best. UTMM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ....and on a happier note.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.