MuddyWaters
December 16, 2020, 11:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from pen penfras

Not true, but it's anti Fenty, so I guess it's a fact as far as this place is concerned.

Only repeating what I've been told. And in what way is it anti Fenty? I stated that (as I'm led to believe) the money was there but JF wanted to remain on the board. His decision. No criticism. It's his club and he can do what he likes.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
KingstonMariner
December 16, 2020, 1:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Only repeating what I've been told. And in what way is it anti Fenty? I stated that (as I'm led to believe) the money was there but JF wanted to remain on the board. His decision. No criticism. It's his club and he can do what he likes.

He can do what he likes. Very soon though he could be like the kid who’s got all the nice toys but won’t play nicely with other kids. Alone.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
Bigdog
December 16, 2020, 2:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from pen penfras

Not true, but it's anti Fenty, so I guess it's a fact as far as this place is concerned.

That two word phrase rolled out as if JF is victimised personally without just cause..

Forget all of the off field embarrassments over the years, forget the dilapidation of the club, forget the millions lost under his tenure, forget the complete lack of progress with the new stadium, forget the complete lack of footballing nous, forget his complete disregard for other human beings and forget all of the appalling current shenanigans..

I would like JF to leave our club as soon as possible for one simple thing. It's the most important thing at a football club. The goddam awful record on the pitch throughout his tenure. That alone is enough to make me anti Fenty without even taking into account his sorry looking charge sheet for off field matters..

If anyone's "anti Fenty" then de facto they're "pro GTFC", and that's good enough for me..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
MuddyWaters
December 16, 2020, 3:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Bigdog

That two word phrase rolled out as if JF is victimised personally without just cause..

Forget all of the off field embarrassments over the years, forget the dilapidation of the club, forget the millions lost under his tenure, forget the complete lack of progress with the new stadium, forget the complete lack of footballing nous, forget his complete disregard for other human beings and forget all of the appalling current shenanigans..

I would like JF to leave our club as soon as possible for one simple thing. It's the most important thing at a football club. The goddam awful record on the pitch throughout his tenure. That alone is enough to made me anti Fenty without even taking into account his sorry looking charge sheet for off field matters..

If anyone's "anti Fenty" then de facto, they're "pro GTFC", and that's good enough for me..

Obviously agree. And it's not just recent, is it? The treatment of club legend John McDermott set the tone.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
grimsby pete
December 16, 2020, 3:10pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
I thought the deal with Shutes was agreed but the board did not get the prove of funds so took the club off the market when Ollie agreed to come and put 100,000 pounds in .

It's water under the bridge now so Mr Fenty  please go and let's see if Mr Shutes can do a better job.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
arryarryarry
December 16, 2020, 3:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from gtfcmd
if we was to get relegated i cant see holloway sticking with us he would go to another league club rather than non league

If we were anywhere near to getting relegated come February I would hope IH wouldn't still be here.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
Iknowyoursecret
December 16, 2020, 3:18pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from pen penfras

I know for a FACT it is true because the consortium DID show proof of funds,and would buy the club BUT no John wanted to stay and they did not want that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
friskneymariner
December 16, 2020, 3:27pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Obviously agree. And it's not just recent, is it? The treatment of club legend John McDermott set the tone.

The treatment of Danny Coyne and Phil Jeavons set the tone.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
Caveman
December 16, 2020, 3:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 17
Anyone out there know if this Stockwood is any relation to the Stockwood
who was on the Board during the 1960's.

I seem to remember he was Bill Stockwood and by profession an accountant.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
Poojah
December 16, 2020, 3:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,874
Gold Stars: 1,523
Quoted from friskneymariner

The treatment of Danny Coyne and Phil Jeavons set the tone.

Genuine question, what happened with Danny Coyne? From memory, we went down and he became Kasey Keller's back-up at Leicester in the prem. I don't remember any mistreatment but I may have simply forgotten.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Perfect storm

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.