Ipswin
December 15, 2020, 3:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from newarkmariner
and Ipswin ,don't you think hes got bigger fish too fry ,like a football match tonight rather than commenting on something that he probably knew diddly about, your another moaning twit with nothing better to do than batter him at every little opportunity, you've been like a broken record for bloody years now, your boring

Since you've asked me (twice) I don't give a excrement when he's asked, after tonight will be fine but the question has got to be put even you must see that. If you don't you are a bigger fool than I thought. Everyone who sat around that boardroom table needs to answer about how much they knew. Hypocritical to attack just the ones you don't like and avoid the question with others. As I've said if he claims to know intercourse all then that's where it can be left if everyone is satisfied by that.

Put another way, what would your opinion be if he said he knew but wanted the new training facility so would have taken the money? (he won't of course but if he was to say that?)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 78
Ipswin
December 15, 2020, 4:01pm
Vodka Drinker

I have no idea why you think it is a good idea to have this distraction now. What is to be gained? Fenty is the man we want out, you know the man who is responsible.

Surely it is imperative that we know that all those left standing after this debacle are squeaky clean (sorry to use 'squeaky' Holloway I believe used that term about Fenty but in a different way  ) and that must include all  those who were in the boardroom not just John Fenty

Private Message
Reply: 61 - 78
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 15, 2020, 4:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Accept questions have to be asked to all relevant people involved at the appropriate time, however, let’s say this possible investment has been on the boardroom agenda for a few meetings, the crux is were all board members fully aware of May’s background and if they were, did they oppose the investment or support it?

I expect much of these discussions will be private and confidential so the truth may never be known but there may, one would hope, have been some dissenting voices should they be fully aware of the facts. Trouble is which members of the board, including Ollie, would be willing to speak out and confirm their opposition? This would probably be out already in the media if the board members, like a significant number of fans, wanted JF removed but that does not appear to be the case.

Interesting that JF resigned from his Council role because his actions may have been seen as bringing them into disrepute but he doesn’t apply the same criteria to his board position of the club. Maybe this is because the council would have investigated the matter, which they still should to judge his suitability to continue as a Council member, whereas nobody involved with the club is going to say boo to him.

Let’s hope that Knight and his white horse are getting ready to ride down Isaacs Hill and come to our rescue.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 78
marinerjase
December 15, 2020, 4:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,682
Gold Stars: 147
It may well be IH not being privy to all and sundry ..just a thought. If that was the case - then the idea sold to him wasn’t accurate, or the personnel involved and he might now be thinking wtf???!

Or if he, and others, were aware of the fellow involved - then perhaps, they didn’t see it as an issue - and, as has been pointed out - it would have gone through if not for the GT and a couple others, and they’d have been happy their plans were still on track.

Either way - it’s not going to end well - one way or another - for a few - and I suspect there’ll be repercussions along the way.  

Unfortunately, it’s probably the supporters who’ll be affected most.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 78
Ipswin
December 15, 2020, 4:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from marinerjase
It may well be IH not being privy to all and sundry ..just a thought. If that was the case - then the idea sold to him wasn’t accurate, or the personnel involved and he might now be thinking wtf???!

Or if he, and others, were aware of the fellow involved - then perhaps, they didn’t see it as an issue - and, as has been pointed out - it would have gone through if not for the GT and a couple others, and they’d have been happy their plans were still on track.

Either way - it’s not going to end well - one way or another - for a few - and I suspect there’ll be repercussions along the way.  

It may well be, all possibilities are open, hence my point that the question must be asked of everyone. Why are so many opposed to this? Hasn't enough been swept under the carpet already or are some on the board considered immune? The actions of each and every member who was aware (not just Fenty and Day) reflects badly on the club, hypocritical to think otherwise

Private Message
Reply: 64 - 78
marinerjase
December 15, 2020, 5:09pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,682
Gold Stars: 147
Agree completely Swin, think some were more aware of certain personnel than what was let on - the extent of whom - who knows??

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 78
MuddyWaters
December 15, 2020, 5:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,289
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from marinerjase
Agree completely Swin, think some were more aware of certain personnel than what was let on - the extent of whom - who knows??

The bottom line is that any remaining trust in the board has basically been eroded. Whoever leaked to the press has done them up like a kipper to be honest.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 78
mimma
December 15, 2020, 5:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 78
Why can't you leave IH out of this? He has enough in his plate trying to prepare the team for tonight's game. Fenty is the one that you should be concentrating your fire on, not the bloody manager. Who knows what and when will come out in due course,  until then, leave Ollie to try to keep this from distracting the team from what is an important game tonight.

At the rate we are going, it's not Fenty himself that will bring down GTFC, but the fans reaction to him and his actions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 78
IlkleyMariner
December 15, 2020, 5:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,034
Gold Stars: 69
Interesting to note that most comments come from a handful of folk either with a vend3tta against Fenty/Holloway or a dislike of the posters with the vendetta.

The rest of us just want a sensible rational discussion. This thread is getting boring.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 78
grimsby pete
December 15, 2020, 6:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
I would imagine there is a rule that nobody talks about what goes on and said at board meetings.

Of course if Fenty wants to say anything nobody will try and stop him.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway must come clean

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.