moosey_club
December 12, 2020, 5:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,318
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from Croxton
I felt sorry when Bennett was subbed in the first half, possibly on his first outing but today he was not in the right frame of mind. Windsor unlucky, hardly had a decent ball second half but Gibson held it well. Hope Jackson makes the next squad. Morais not a defensive player, would have had Tilley earlier.

First half we slowed it down with back to the keeper who wacked it anyway and looked in no hurry to take the corner with seconds to go before half time.  

Edwards has to start next game. Rose and Taylor not providing enough protection for defence. I like how Hewitt looks for the runs of forward players.

Prefer Edwards as an impact sub. Had plenty of starts and done little with them really, looks flash but nothing at the end of it.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 153
TwoLeftFeet
December 12, 2020, 5:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,102
Gold Stars: 19
Thought that was better.. Waterfall definitely mom for me think we are screwed if he gets injured etc.. the 3 subs second half seemed to help we had hardly got in there half for 10 mins after the break. Really pleased for Jackson with the goal

Tho I hate VAR think we could have done with it today looked offside to me tho camera angle not the best.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 153
forza ivano
December 12, 2020, 6:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,286
Gold Stars: 266
upon reflection a lot more pluses than negatives
hewitt & waterfall throughout
williams in the first half particularly
clifton did as well as can be expected, filling in
morais looks very decent
ira was a bit of presence, plenty of energy and getting the goal must have sent his confidence soaring
thought that even Gibson looked a lot more effective and 'at it'
good news that Tilley returned and did some good things
Edwards is a livewire and gave them real problems, 2 great curled shots at the end, and was very unlucky not to score

ps noticed there was far less Fanny ing around at the back and we were a lot more direct. tried lots of long diagonals , which i am sure Holloway got us doing at the back end of last season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 153
Sammo
December 12, 2020, 7:14pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +171
Thought we weren’t too bad and deserved a point, Impressed with the impact Edwards out of all our loan signings he looks by far the most promising. I’d like to see more of Jackson and Gibson  too.

Bennett was poor as was Taylor I think we should be looking at sending them back to their clubs, Southend winning today worries me as Tuesday is a game we cannot lose and winning today will give them a big boost and they’ll fancy beating us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 153
arryarryarry
December 12, 2020, 7:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
First half I thought 2 very poor sides.

2nd half both teams improved slightly, we looked a bit more dangerous after the 4 changes but overall I didn't really see anything that would suggest we will be moving up the table anytime soon.

Tuesday's game against Southend very important after their win today.
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 153
TAGG
December 12, 2020, 8:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
What do mean by Green shoots????

When did that happen? 😀😀😉

Boom Boom  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 153
chipsandgravy
December 12, 2020, 8:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,631
Gold Stars: 38
From the Mansfield forum
"The poorest weve played under Clough against the worst team we've played all season. A tenner well spent".

Second game running that's the opposition's view. Couldnt argue with that either. Makes me weep when I watch the "on this day" clips of the Buckey era and the football on view! No wonder he gave up commentary! I could give up football all together.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 153
fishcake63
December 12, 2020, 9:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
well the worst team should have won because they never worked our goalkeeper all 90 mins apart from pen which by the way was offside in build up, take a point today against a team with top 3 budget ln whole of league , some decent play at times admittadly against the worst side i'v seen visit blundell park this season  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 153
lee65
December 12, 2020, 9:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from chipsandgravy
From the Mansfield forum
"The poorest weve played under Clough against the worst team we've played all season. A tenner well spent".

Second game running that's the opposition's view. Couldnt argue with that either. Makes me weep when I watch the "on this day" clips of the Buckey era and the football on view! No wonder he gave up commentary! I could give up football all together.

maybe our pressing didn’t allow them to play any better?, good closing down by the likes of Hewitt etc.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 153
arryarryarry
December 12, 2020, 11:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from fishcake63
well the worst team should have won because they never worked our goalkeeper all 90 mins apart from pen which by the way was offside in build up, take a point today against a team with top 3 budget ln whole of league , some decent play at times admittadly against the worst side i'v seen visit blundell park this season  

No he wasn't, just played the highlights back with freeze frame and he was just onside as he ran between Pollock and Preston. If I knew how to do a screen grab I would upload it.
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 153
16 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mansfield (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.