lew chaterleys lover
December 9, 2020, 7:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,780
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from 139914
Do you guys actually believe that Fenty is going to do anything other than run the run down club further down just so it can get its money back?  While it’s got anything to do with the club there will be no ambition, just you mugs directly repaying him for years of utter incompetence.

For gods sake wake up and finally smell the coffee, don’t go, don’t buy a shirt and force him to either invest without caveat or take the club into administration where it’ll hopefully get what it deserves, 1p in the pound.

I utterly despise what it has done to the club, it isn’t a fan, it’s only interested in self promotion and completely blind to the damage it’s done.  

As for the trust, what undertakings did you get that it would invest before handing over the shares?  Let me take a guess, zilch!,  You’re part of the problem, it’ites to a man (or woman).  Paying for a powerless seat on a board dictated by it, naive in the extreme.  Providing free labour in the bars so it gets its money back quicker.  Change your name to the it trust because you certainly aren’t looking after the interests of GTFC or the fans.

But, there won’t be any pressure or mass protests, you’re all blind with bullsh*t.

I agree with you totally. The trouble is how do you galvanise the wider fan base to move against him? I would gladly suspend my support if he could be persuaded to move on, but how???

I really do agree about the Trust though - ineffectual and naive in equal measure.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 61
TwoLeftFeet
December 9, 2020, 7:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,102
Gold Stars: 19
Trying to get good players in a Jan transfer window is going to be difficult with the league position we could find ourselves in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 61
promotion plaice
December 9, 2020, 7:46pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet
Trying to get good players in a Jan transfer window is going to be difficult with the league position we could find ourselves in.

Don't worry.....Ollie's phone will be melting.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 61
MNH1972
December 9, 2020, 7:47pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +215
Gold Stars: 5
I thought we was running out of money soon !!!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 61
Cambridgefish
December 9, 2020, 9:54pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: -12
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet

Doesn't the bailout mean nobody can spend money in January?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 61
MarinerWY
December 9, 2020, 10:34pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,992
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from 139914
ABUSE REMOVED

Tone it down a bit eh. I dont like Fenty's tenure either, but that is so personally abusive it's out of order. I have never doubted that he is a town fan, and can disagree with him and dislike his approach without thinking he's Satan respawned. It takes a lot for someone not to be a 'credible human being' in my book, and poorly running a football club is not even close.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 61
aldi_01
December 10, 2020, 6:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I’m not sure what will happen in January...are we going to abandon Covid contracts, which will further divide the team in my opinion.

Are there players out there that want to come here? How do we move many of those players clearly not good enough on?

Whenever the fan base has gotten close to putting pressure on Fenty he’s had the magic trick of sacking the manager to bail him out or he does something that manages to pull back supper from those not entirely convinced he’s as excrement as he his. I don’t know what he’ll do this time.

For a chap who has claimed so many times to be desperate to sell because it’s not worth the hassle he sure made it difficult to sell to the genuine interest.

I wonder if Holloway is beginning to realise why many fans shook their head when he claimed we were well run....

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 61
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 10, 2020, 7:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,023
Gold Stars: 190
What about all those players stacking shelves at mad Harry’s part time?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 61
denni266
December 10, 2020, 7:46am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
We need to be getting players lined up now ready for signing , not waiting looking at shop windows
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 61
grimsby pete
December 10, 2020, 7:50am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from denni266
We need to be getting players lined up now ready for signing , not waiting looking at shop windows

If we sign them at the beginning of the window we have got our first choice.

However if it's at the end they could be panic buys.

Good luck Ollie you are going to need it.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › fill your boots ollie

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.