3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
RichMariner
December 10, 2020, 1:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,163
Gold Stars: 212
While I don't doubt the board's intention to keep us going (and not go to the wall, like Bury) I also can't help but think that they collectively thought — and still think — that they can negotiate this global pandemic without having to put a penny in themselves.

"How can we get through this and still hope to make a profit come the end of the financial year?" is what they're probably thinking.

Meanwhile, GTFC fans threw their own hard-earned cash into a big pot with no expectation they'll ever get that back, just so we can hope to watch a decent team play decent football one day.

It's a real pity — a crying shame — that the board don't think and act like the fans they claim they are.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
Cambridgefish
December 10, 2020, 4:26pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: -12
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from NorfolkImp

I think there-in lies one of the biggest differences between our 2 clubs ... due dilligence.

Imps have Jez George who does all the background work on players before even offering them to Appleton. The fringe players who played at Shrewsbury last night were dynamic and eager to impress (Elbouzedi, Roughan, Howarth Melbourne etc) without virtually any football league experience between them ... the average age of the team was 21 btw.

You should hear what the Cambridge fans think of Mr George. I think he was hounded from here with irate villagers with pitchforks. It's a funny old world.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
Cambridgefish
December 10, 2020, 4:27pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from Lincs Iron man
A club in a lot of bother by sounds of it

There's more than one in Lincolnshire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
Cambridgefish
December 10, 2020, 4:29pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Very witty

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
denni266
December 10, 2020, 4:57pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Dam right about the findus stand tho lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What else can he do

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.