5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
December 9, 2020, 9:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
Absolutely nobody has suggested Cardwell would be our saviour just that him and Rose were at least deemed good enough to be League 2 subs. They even scored 2 or 3 goals between them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 44
Boris Johnson
December 10, 2020, 3:57am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from forza ivano

Yes, because of what he achieved last January when he had very little time to evaluate and act.
He brought in Clark, Grandin, Benson and Glennon and to a lesser extent Tilley

#this time he's known for a couple of months what we are lacking and who he needs to bring in

he's known since the summer.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 44
aldi_01
December 10, 2020, 6:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I’m beginning to think the excuses we’ve heard have been peddled so often because even as he was bringing them in during the summer he knew they weren’t good enough.

As a club we went for quantity over quality because of the alleged challenging fixture list.

I don’t believe for a minute that the vast majority of those brought in would’ve been anywhere near our squad prior to Covid. Couple that with the stark reality of difficulty of recruiting at a club like town, then the club openly saying, and being proud of offering Covid contracts can’t have helped.

I don’t know if he believes that by saying it was a good performance it’s some pseudo reverse psychology or if he genuinely believes not laying a glove on an opponent at home is a good performance.

Holloway’s bluster and hyperbole is funny when he’s not your manager but when you’re an awful side, desperate for a win and can’t even fathom a shot, lack any shape or seemingly any ideas it can be frustrating to listen to.

The next few fixtures are make or break, using a semi recruitment drive in January is not an excuse or justifiable response to being woeful. There’s no guarantee it’ll be fruitful and at the minute I’m not sure what the plan ever is and I think at times that is very much witnessed on the pitch.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 44
arryarryarry
December 10, 2020, 1:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from aldi_01
I’m beginning to think the excuses we’ve heard have been peddled so often because even as he was bringing them in during the summer he knew they weren’t good enough.

As a club we went for quantity over quality because of the alleged challenging fixture list.

I don’t believe for a minute that the vast majority of those brought in would’ve been anywhere near our squad prior to Covid. Couple that with the stark reality of difficulty of recruiting at a club like town, then the club openly saying, and being proud of offering Covid contracts can’t have helped.

I don’t know if he believes that by saying it was a good performance it’s some pseudo reverse psychology or if he genuinely believes not laying a glove on an opponent at home is a good performance.

Holloway’s bluster and hyperbole is funny when he’s not your manager but when you’re an awful side, desperate for a win and can’t even fathom a shot, lack any shape or seemingly any ideas it can be frustrating to listen to.

The next few fixtures are make or break, using a semi recruitment drive in January is not an excuse or justifiable response to being woeful. There’s no guarantee it’ll be fruitful and at the minute I’m not sure what the plan ever is and I think at times that is very much witnessed on the pitch.

I was just looking at the fixtures. Lose the next 4 (3 at home) and I wouldn't be surprised if IH would be gone by the 1st January.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 44
jamesgtfc
December 10, 2020, 6:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,054
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Not having this cardwell would  be our saviour bull sh!t, he wasn't good enough..

Everyone was saying he needs to move on to a lower level and now all of a sudden he should have stayed?

Come on chaps just because we are excrement it doesn't excuse wanting players who couldn't do anything when they was here to come back and bang the goals in.

I never said that Cardwell would be our saviour. I said that Cardwell lead the line well for Chorley last week and someone told me he was unstoppable a couple of weeks before.

Chorley play 2 levels below us and 2 levels above Cleethorpes Town. Sisay didn't look good enough for Cleethorpes Town when I saw him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Post match interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.