Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2 plus 2 equals...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 231 Guests

2 plus 2 equals...

This thread currently has 1,011 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
moosey_club
November 22, 2020, 12:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,321
Gold Stars: 229
Picking up on a few bits over the last week or two......

Ollie said in the middle of his "cull" interview that he had sat down with Day and Fenty and it was "wonderful" to have a clear way ahead....he stated players arent good enough....he now has a green light to employ a  scout/ recruiter.....has said he wants to work towards getting the team he wants (presume that means he didnt want this lot) ....his recent outpourings have been all over place...

Has he had too many limitations placed on him? Has he been banging his head against a brick wall when dealing with the board ? Frustrations got the better of him today?

Hopefully the releases of mohsni and ohman and the
appointment of the extra scout may actually be signalling the board are going to release additional funds and Ollie may be getting through to the board that buying cheap means either buying twice to replace or else you just fail.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Croxton
November 22, 2020, 9:32am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,019
Gold Stars: 35
Ollie has clearly been given the go ahead to reset his squad this January to more closely match resources and player quality. How can Dave Moore, Greg, and coaching staff cope with 33 pros never mind the Academy set up in severely restricted facilities and on 75% pay? It was never sustainable and Philip Day should have foreseen that 7 loans and so many non league signings on top of our own youngsters was OTT, especially with AL on furlough. The club has a duty of care for all playing and non playing staff and it is time to cut cloth accordingly.

Unfortunately, Ollie seemed to relish this U-turn when he said it was an opportunity to cull players who weren't fit, not good enough or who he didn't like. His stream of consciousness interview comments will have been noted by some players and their agents. Preparation for Tuesday's game will be extremely difficult in this uncertain atmosphere so I would expect some more departures very soon.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 3
KingstonMariner
November 22, 2020, 11:23am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Croxton
Ollie has clearly been given the go ahead to reset his squad this January to more closely match resources and player quality. How can Dave Moore, Greg, and coaching staff cope with 33 pros never mind the Academy set up in severely restricted facilities and on 75% pay? It was never sustainable and Philip Day should have foreseen that 7 loans and so many non league signings on top of our own youngsters was OTT, especially with AL on furlough. The club has a duty of care for all playing and non playing staff and it is time to cut cloth accordingly.

Unfortunately, Ollie seemed to relish this U-turn when he said it was an opportunity to cull players who weren't fit, not good enough or who he didn't like. His stream of consciousness interview comments will have been noted by some players and their agents. Preparation for Tuesday's game will be extremely difficult in this uncertain atmosphere so I would expect some more departures very soon.

Oi Croxton. Sort it! I’m going to have to stop reading your posts. I keep agreeing with them. People don’t come on the Fishy to read stuff they agree with. We come for a barney!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 3
Croxton
November 22, 2020, 1:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,019
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Oi Croxton. Sort it! I’m going to have to stop reading your posts. I keep agreeing with them. People don’t come on the Fishy to read stuff they agree with. We come for a barney!

I've had more than enough of those! I just hope Ollie listens to his staff and they can agree who fits the criteria for our smaller group. If he clings to his saviour complex scenario then it could get very bumpy indeed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2 plus 2 equals...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.