1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
moosey_club
November 10, 2020, 10:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,321
Gold Stars: 229
Just a quick snippet of Holloways post match interview on Humberside , seems like any rift is still bubbling under

"took Scannell off as he was limping and he then looks at me as if to say what you took me off for..........well dont limp then "

Think we can safely say he isnt going to get "managers player of the year" .

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
lukeo
November 11, 2020, 6:56am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,418
Gold Stars: 149
Call me crazy but surely you speak to your physio and the player himself if he's 'ok' before you just take him off?

Btw I'm a massive Holloway fan and I do not in any way want him to go. I'm fully behind him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
diehardmariner
November 11, 2020, 7:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,717
Gold Stars: 543
Doesn't look like Scannell is going to last long here at all.  Which is a crying shame when we're crying out for attackers with experience and a cutting edge.

I wasn't aware that he had an attitude problem but seen a few things on here and Twitter that suggests he's got form for falling out with managers, anyone able to shed anything more on this?

The camera last night didn't really show enough of any interaction between Holloway and the player but it didn't look great. Tondeur and Croft alluded to a disagreement on the commentary.  Bizarre if he has taken him off without seeing what the problem was.

But then I thought it was odd that Preston went off with an injury and Holloway brought central midfielder Spokes on when an actual left-back, Joey Hope, sat on the bench unused.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
golfer
November 11, 2020, 8:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Mystery appears a lot with Olly but I am sure he will always come up with an excuse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
oochiad
November 11, 2020, 10:38am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
Let’s face it though Scannell was hardly tearing up the game last night. I thought he looked like he couldn’t be bothered or was still carry a problem......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ollie - Scannell

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.