November 7, 2020, 8:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from Boris Johnson
Fraud, loser, and a disgrace to this football club\

urine off back to Bristol and dont come back.

You must be sat there with an erection tonight, all this attention you're getting!

Bet you're sat there in your black and white gimp suit tossin youself off to each insult!

I suppose you only joined a football team so you could be the sub!

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 54
Rick12
November 7, 2020, 8:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
It's about time people realised we are going through a transition, completely changing our style, actually trying to play football...I don't think we'll see the benefits until after Xmas, but I'm confident Holloway has a plan and us sticking to it..look at how pep brought a new style to Man City and Klopp to Liverpool, regardless of the quality of players you have at your disposal, you need time and patience for it all to knit together...we have some good players, Bennett, Windsor, Edwards, Williams, Rose, Pollock, Waterfall, Hendrie...we will get there and Boris Johnson,  
Well said.

I actually feel sorry for Ian Holloway reading  the opening message in this thread. Let's not forget that the Daggers are only a league below and would have raised their game for this  cup tie.

I've seen 2 league games on the I follow and thought one was OK and the other we played well in.

Keep the faith Ollie most fans are still behind you.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 54
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
November 7, 2020, 8:10pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,482
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from Teesknees

You must be sat there with an erection tonight, all this attention you're getting!

Bet you're sat there in your black and white gimp suit tossin youself off to each insult!

I suppose you only joined a football team so you could be the sub!

I don’t think the troll’s gimp suit will be black and white. Claret and blue, more like, if I had to guess.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 54
HarrogateMariner
November 7, 2020, 8:24pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +479
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I thought we played well for large parts but managed it really poorly at the end. After 85 minutes I said to my lad that all we needed to do was avoid stupid mistakes and we'd win even if it took extra time. Still think that was the case.

It's been very up and down but I think a more settled team is starting to emerge. When fit it seems McKeown, Hendrie, Pollock, Waterfall, Preston, Rose and Clifton will probably start. No surprise then that where we look disjointed is the final third. We've been pretty unlucky there with injuries to Hanson, Edwards and Tilley. Agree there are some significant questions around our pre season but any talk of Holloway being under pressure is utter drivel. They are pretty unique circumstances thi season and whilst others seem to be doing better we might not know who's overspent or taking risks with their budgets for a long time to come.

Great post,  completley agree.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 54
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 7, 2020, 8:29pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Boris Johnson
Fraud, loser, and a disgrace to this football club\

urine off back to Bristol and dont come back.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion however low their IQ.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 54
HertsGTFC
November 7, 2020, 9:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228

What Holloway is attempting to do is get every player he has on the pitch, rotating the squad so at some point he can swap players in and out with no detriment to the team on the pitch...that takes time and in doing so you build an identity, he wants us to be a possession based team that play good football....what he cannot account for is individual mistakes and that is costing more rather than our overall play.. yes, we are packing attacking intent and hopefully, with 2 weeks to our next league game, that is what he concentrates on during training.

It’s clear what he’s doing but in the lower part of league 2 is it achievable? Generally at this level success is achieved by minimising changes.

Just to clarify what I mean by “success” is winning a good few, scoring more than 1 goal every couple of weeks and being competitive.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 54
Northbank Mariner
November 7, 2020, 9:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from HertsGTFC

It’s clear what he’s doing but in the lower part of league 2 is it achievable? Generally at this level success is achieved by minimising changes.

Just to clarify what I mean by “success” is winning a good few, scoring more than 1 goal every couple of weeks and being competitive.

Of course it's achievable, maybe not this season due to this poxy virus, but stick with it, don't throw in the towel and back the manager...I'm sure the Man Utd board are glad they did back in '89!!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 54
HertsGTFC
November 7, 2020, 9:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I thought we played well for large parts but managed it really poorly at the end. After 85 minutes I said to my lad that all we needed to do was avoid stupid mistakes and we'd win even if it took extra time. Still think that was the case.

It's been very up and down but I think a more settled team is starting to emerge. When fit it seems McKeown, Hendrie, Pollock, Waterfall, Preston, Rose and Clifton will probably start. No surprise then that where we look disjointed is the final third. We've been pretty unlucky there with injuries to Hanson, Edwards and Tilley. Agree there are some significant questions around our pre season but any talk of Holloway being under pressure is utter drivel. They are pretty unique circumstances thi season and whilst others seem to be doing better we might not know who's overspent or taking risks with their budgets for a long time to come.

Good post, I think if we could have a run of half a dozen games with Maxi, Tilley, Edwards and Hanson playing lots of minutes with the spine of Macca, today’s back 4, Rose, Clifton and Bennet I reckon we’d be half decent.

One thing I have noticed is that the oppositions scouting seems to be based upon kicking the likes of Max, Tilley and Edwards which is going to be an issue all season.

I also think that if we player 2 up front with some of the talent we have using the flanks Gibson who desperately needs a partner would flourish.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 54
HertsGTFC
November 7, 2020, 9:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker

Of course it's achievable, maybe not this season due to this poxy virus, but stick with it, don't throw in the towel and back the manager...I'm sure the Man Utd board are glad they did back in '89!!..

When did I say I wasn’t backing the manager?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 54
Northbank Mariner
November 7, 2020, 9:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from HertsGTFC

When did I say I wasn’t backing the manager?

I never said you didn't, I was making a broad sweeping statement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Go and Go Now Holloway

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.