8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
November 5, 2020, 10:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Given that there does appear to be some difference in the stories about Holloway's investment perhaps it would be better to clear it up quickly and in one go with a statement from the horses mouth (he's not normally reticent to make a speech)

It appears he may have made a statement early on which now appears to be possibly incorrect so perhaps he can correct or confirm it now. Job done another lengthy thread put to bed

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 76
grimsby pete
November 5, 2020, 11:18am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
I don't think Ollie ever said he was investing 100K in one go or straight away.

Maybe he is investing the said amount over a period of time.

I don't think there is any need for name calling or falling out on here.

Ollie is an honest man and wears his heart on his sleeve what you see is what you get.

It will all come on in the wash.  

Keep the faith.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 76
chipsandgravy
November 5, 2020, 11:21am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,631
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from aldi_01

Must be flipping hard being a perfect and patronising girl private all the time...

Makes me wonder if it’s actually you that doesn’t understand the documents...(I’m awaiting an equally patronising retort).

I think it’s quite important at a club like ours that fans take an active interest in this sort of thing. Once more we’ve been peddled false promises and percentage of fans are interested in how their money is spent in order to ensure the club operates.

When this story emerged on Twitter I could almost name the people who would use it as a opportunity to have a go at the club when it hit the Fishy under the premise of " we have a right to know".  Probably asking far to much of them to recognise from the same accounts that the club made a £145k profit which under the present circumstances is a huge positive for the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 76
arryarryarry
November 5, 2020, 11:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from chipsandgravy

When this story emerged on Twitter I could almost name the people who would use it as a opportunity to have a go at the club when it hit the Fishy under the premise of " we have a right to know".  Probably asking far to much of them to recognise from the same accounts that the club made a £145k profit which under the present circumstances is a huge positive for the club.

I'm not sure what we as fans have a right to know but equally we as fans have the right to question whether certain statements from the club or it's employees are true or not.

I have no idea how much IH has invested in the club but if what he has said differs from what he has done it would be unfortunate.

The best way to solve this would be for the club to issue a statement and confirm what is the correct situation.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 76
pontoonlew
November 5, 2020, 12:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from Sandford1981

Respectfully I disagree, I do think there are those on here who are chipping away.
As far as asking the question goes, as I said previously its perfectly reasonable to do so. If it transpires that we have been mislead then fair enough take those responsible to task for it. I just think it would be better to judge with facts rather than base it on speculation.

Aye, which is I asked if anybody could shed any light on it, where on this thread have people criticised him?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 76
aldi_01
November 5, 2020, 12:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Interesting that people want to quickly tarnish folk with a brush. I don’t think anyone questioned anybody, just requested some clarity.

They tell us we’re important and they’re quick to make a statement about other things so why not about this?

Folk can believe what they want but a simple statement explaining officially puts it to bed. If fans want to then carry on the discussion that is up to them by the official stand has been taken.

Nobody has questioned the ‘profit’ made either, perhaps the club could explain how it will be invested, especially given Day spent a significant period of lockdown explaining how we’d be out of pocket this time next year.

Will it be simply thrown back in to the pot? Will it pay for further redevelopments of say training facilities?

Some people will be very happy that lack of investment or sensible investment has been made in areas to ensure a surplus but what will that surplus do? A club like ours could do a lot of things with that, not just spunk it on a player.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 76
rancido
November 5, 2020, 12:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,658
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from Poojah
Havn't looked at the club accounts recently, so not wanting to fuel any frames here, but he did say those things in his own words:

"And to prove our commitment to the challenge I have invested £100,000 to buy shares in the club, which means a place on the board as well as in the hot-seat."

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/.....ian-holloway-3700144

I find it hard to believe that it isn't true, as it would be quite a naive thing to say and for the club to sanction it, given the club's accounts are made public. He made a big enough commitment in taking the job and moving to the area without the need to make something like that up, shirley?

I agree and don't call me Shirley!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 76
chipsandgravy
November 5, 2020, 12:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,631
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from aldi_01
Interesting that people want to quickly tarnish folk with a brush. I don’t think anyone questioned anybody, just requested some clarity.

They tell us we’re important and they’re quick to make a statement about other things so why not about this?

Folk can believe what they want but a simple statement explaining officially puts it to bed. If fans want to then carry on the discussion that is up to them by the official stand has been taken.

Nobody has questioned the ‘profit’ made either, perhaps the club could explain how it will be invested, especially given Day spent a significant period of lockdown explaining how we’d be out of pocket this time next year.

Will it be simply thrown back in to the pot? Will it pay for further redevelopments of say training facilities?

Some people will be very happy that lack of investment or sensible investment has been made in areas to ensure a surplus but what will that surplus do? A club like ours could do a lot of things with that, not just spunk it on a player.

Invested? Jesus are you serious. Surviving would be my best guess!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 76
Son of Cod
November 5, 2020, 1:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
It wouldn't surprise me if this was something that was just mentioned in passing and then Holloway has done that article linked on page 1 of this thread without it ever being followed through. Holloway is in the media sounding off so much. I get Google news alerts straight to my phone which are tailored towards me. Before Holloway came here, I'd get one Michael Jolley or Russell Slade team news update a week, sometimes not even that. Holloway pops up on my dashboard banging on about something or other every single day. I doubt he monitors or knows what he's said in the past to be honest.

Best case scenario is that he actually did invest that money and is here to stay. Worst case scenario is that he lied about it, but I can't imagine he did. Likelihood is that there's some explanation between the two. I'm not overly arsed if he did invest or not, as long he's here for a bit and can improve us and maybe help us kick on and get out of League Two at some point over the next few seasons. I think we're already seeing the benefits of his managerial style on the pitch and I'm enjoying watching us play again, despite a couple of dud performances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 76
mimma
November 5, 2020, 1:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 78
Maybe he's  not taking a salary in money but in shares instead, so doesn't show up in the accounts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway Shares

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.