moosey_club
November 7, 2020, 2:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,321
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from Rick12
Hungry ......Iam a massive fan of that in a player. At any level makes a difference but at this level especially more so.

Didnt help Adam Cheesy Chips Proudlock though did it ?  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
Rick12
November 7, 2020, 2:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from moosey_club

Didnt help Adam Cheesy Chips Proudlock though did it ?  
Remember hearing  something about him liking a drink. Done well it seems at some big club clubs eg Wolves and Sheffield Wednesday earlier in his career.

Appears he was playing out his final years at Grimsby and the desire for football may have dampened when he was here . I know it sometimes happens in football with some players.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
FishOutOfWater
November 7, 2020, 3:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Rick12
Remember hearing  something about him liking a drink. Done well it seems at some big club clubs eg Wolves and Sheffield Wednesday earlier in his career.

Appears he was playing out his final years at Grimsby and the desire for football may have dampened when he was here . I know it sometimes happens in football with some players.

I remember Burnsy interviewing him after one game early on in the 09-10 season when we lost to Chesterfield though Proudlock scored

He said he's had a good game even though Town had lost be he asked him basically where he was going as a a footballer and what was he going to do to realise his potential

I believe Burnsy had seen him at Wednesday when he was on Radio Sheffield commentary.... I think he thought there was a player in there but the attitude to deliver was missing and nothing had improved

Guess over the course of that season we got the answer where he was heading....  the long and the short of it, was football oblivion
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 13
Rick12
November 7, 2020, 4:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

He said he's had a good game even though Town had lost be he asked him basically where he was going as a a footballer and what was he going to do to realise his potential

I believe Burnsy had seen him at Wednesday when he was on Radio Sheffield commentary.... I think he thought there was a player in there but the attitude to deliver was missing and nothing had improved

Guess over the course of that season we got the answer where he was heading....  the long and the short of it, was football oblivion
Shame as I like to see a player fulfill his potential. You look at the likes of Paul Scoles and Ryan Giggs for example who were still playing at a high level well into their 30s and in Giggs case 40. Similarly going back a bit was Stanley Matthews who was still going strong well into his 40s before retiring at 50.

All these had dedication for the game  .Likewise remember reading a youth manager at Man utd who said a few lads didn't go out on the drink eg Nicky Butt and I'm  sure Giggs and Scholes  possibly were one of them.  Reason being is they really wanted to make it  in professional football and knew ceasing to get drunk unlike others in the youth team  would help their cause. Similiary in Stanley Matthews case as you maybe aware he was teetotal citing in his book  wanting to sacrifice drink for the longevity of his career.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ira Jackson jr

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.