Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Harrogate?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 307 Guests

Team for Harrogate?

This thread currently has 6,019 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
October 19, 2020, 8:23am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
I think Preston has been brilliant but I thought he struggled last 20 minutes on Saturday. Looked understandably knackered but he has covered a lot of ground. Olly said in his post match interview that it had been a positive that he had been able to pick a settled back 5/6 but that some of them were close to needing a rest. Wouldn't rule out Idehen, Ohman coming in and him finding a way to rest Preston.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 29
Stew0_0
October 19, 2020, 8:57am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 35
                           Mckeown

Hendrie     Pollock     Ohman(if fit)    Preston

Morton
            Clifton                     Taylor

Scannell        Hanson          Tilley

Think the only way we can rest Preston atm is when Hewitt is fit again to slot in at right back with Hendrie moving over. Hope still out on loan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 29
fishboyUTM
October 19, 2020, 9:25am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I thought Preston looked a bit at sixes and sevens on Saturday when their sub who scored came on. he seemed to have the beating of Preston.

He did, maybe all these games caught him up a little bit as he had been excellent. That said, you're talking about a 20 year old making his 4th/5th start in the football league. He's a really good player, but young lads have dips especially after so much football in so little time. Their right winger was a good player as well and the full backs pushed on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 29
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 19, 2020, 9:38am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +877
Gold Stars: 123
I keep forgetting who we have on the sidelines. I wonder how soon Kyle Bennett will make an appearance. It about time Scannell got a start again too. Mohsni could surely be able fill a gap at the back for half a game at least
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 29
BottesfordMariner
October 19, 2020, 10:01am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
I have no idea who will play tomorrow night if I am being honest. But we now appear to have options especially going forward.

We have a number of young players who have come from academy football or part time non league so I would expect a handful of changes at least.

I would also expect players that Ollie has not used much yet to be pushing for a place. They must be getting fitter by now.

Not getting carried away after some fine results last week but confidence must be high. Harrogate have adapted to the league well. It will be tough.

Just a special word for Owen Windsor. He has impressed me so far. Scored a tidy goal at Cheltenham and looked a real handful against Orient. Like his positive play. Not afraid to run at defenders. Did it for the 2nd goal on Saturday with ended with a lovely pass to Williams and to make a run like that in injury time to get the penalty. Looks like an exciting player.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 29
Ipswin
October 19, 2020, 12:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Have a feeling that Scannell, Edwards and Ohman will all start,.

Hope so

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 29
Croxton
October 19, 2020, 1:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,019
Gold Stars: 35
If Preston can deliver a first half like he did at Orient then let him and the Forest back room decide. Tilley can take over at wing back in the second half or move Hendrie over and put Harry at wing back.
Hanson should only be risked after he has done well in a reserve game or impressed off the bench.
Our high press means we need to load the bench with forwards to disrupt Harrogate's settled pattern of play.
Too soon to use Rose again.

Macca

Hendrie                 Waterfall             Pollock             * Preston / Tilley    

Clifton          *Morton              *Taylor

Scannell                     *Windsor/ Gibson               *Edwards

* Loans

Subs.  Ohman -  Jackson - Williams  - and two from above

Resting Preston altogether would allow flexibility to blood Gomis or Bennet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 29
Limerick Mariner
October 19, 2020, 1:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,745
Gold Stars: 138
I suspect selections to date have been largely based upon fitness - Ollie mentioned before Bolton some kind of bleep test thing they had been doing. We could be getting the point in the next week when we suddenly have close to a full squad at full "training ground" fitness. Then we need to get everyone match fit for 90 mins - and then it will be a (good) selection headache...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 29
Ipswin
October 19, 2020, 2:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Not read much about how Taylor is performing anyone let me have their views please?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 29
Son of Cod
October 19, 2020, 2:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Ipswin
Not read much about how Taylor is performing anyone let me have their views please?

Solid enough so far for me. Has given the ball away a bit, but works really hard. Better with Rose in the midfield than Morton, who I've not been overly impressed with yet but early days for both of those two obviously.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Harrogate?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.