2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Heswall Mariner
October 18, 2020, 9:01pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +594
Gold Stars: 30
I trust GTFC remember & keep in touch with Bobby Ross & those of the same ilk who I remember.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
grimsby pete
October 18, 2020, 10:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
I just remember Bobby Ross, memory says he was seen as a good player. On the other hand, I have Never heard of gary_elton. 😉😀

I have met gary_Elton he looks a bit like Elton John when he has got his wig on and sounds a lot like him as well.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
denni266
October 18, 2020, 10:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from grimsby pete

I have met gary_Elton he looks a bit like Elton John when he has got his wig on and sounds a lot like him as well.

ooh ooh  can he sing lol.. i play guitar    just need a drummer  but not one beat bob from the pontoon lol  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
Boris Johnson
October 19, 2020, 6:11am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
i met Elton Welsby once....nice bloke.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
Rick12
October 19, 2020, 7:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from gary_elton
Strolling along Cleethorpes sea front this morning , proudly wearing my GTFC T- shirt, when an elderly gentleman stopped me. He had noticed my Grimsby top, and told me he used to play for us... Bobby Ross, did I remember the name  !
Nice to see he spoke to you. Its sad when you see people who you remember in their prime age so much. I remember seeing Muhammad Ali on the BBC sports personality of the year awards back in 1999 and the ravages of what Parkinson's had done to him. Time is so precious and we cant waste it.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
October 20, 2020, 9:39am
Guest User
I must have seen him play but was very young so can’t really remember.  When my father first started taking me (complete with a Hewitts lemonade crate so I could see over the fence) I though Grimsby and The Mariners were two different teams.  Mind you, until Laurie Mac came along they played like they were.
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bobby Ross

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.