WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 16, 2020, 10:28am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +878
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from jamesgtfc
We can sign free agents whenever though.

As good an idea as that is, it more than likely wouldn't be a quick fix if we needed someone in a hurry, due to the fitness levels of the free agent. I doubt there are many free agents who are keeping their fitness levels high enough to go straight into the starting XI of any league team. Look how long it has taken for our full time professionals to get their fitness up to a suitable standard.

If Windsor scores a few more in the next few games, and Jackson Jnr can put the ball in the net in reserve games, Sisay makes agood account of  himself at Clee Town, and Edwards can add to his tally, then still having Hanson and Green and a couple of others loitering in the background, do we really need another striker? If Ollie plays 3 up front like on Tuesday then yes, having that many on standby is worth it, but if he only plays 1 or 2 up front then having multiples on the side line cant be good for the players,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
psgmariner
October 16, 2020, 10:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Keeping hold of Pollock or getting silly money for him would be my transfer window wish.

Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
pen penfras
October 16, 2020, 11:28am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from psgmariner
Keeping hold of Pollock or getting silly money for him would be my transfer window wish.

I can't see us getting silly money. Only the premier league clubs would spend that, and I'd expect he's too slow for them to be really interested. Championship clubs might have taken a gamble, but their financial situation probably rules out a gamble on a young lad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
psgmariner
October 16, 2020, 11:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33

Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
IlkleyMariner
October 16, 2020, 11:55am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,034
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from pen penfras

I can't see us getting silly money. Only the premier league clubs would spend that, and I'd expect he's too slow for them to be really interested. Championship clubs might have taken a gamble, but their financial situation probably rules out a gamble on a young lad.

Ollie said at the recent GTFC golf day that Leicester were very keen on young Pollock, but he was happy to stay and develop with us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ollie still on the lookout for a striker

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.