This thread currently has 3,851 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Lincs Iron man
October 5, 2020, 5:56pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -577
I'm not sure where you'll find a goal let alone a win.

Salford aren't that good and they put 4 passed you 😳

I hope you at least get a draw on Saturday lads, we need some sort of challenge this season from you .

FGR fir us so should be able to find a comfortable win this week

MIND THE GAP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Lincs Iron man
October 5, 2020, 5:56pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from Lincs Iron man

I hope you at least get a draw on Saturday lads, we need some sort of challenge this season from you .

FGR for us so should be able to find a comfortable win this week

MIND THE GAP

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
Grantham_Mariner
October 5, 2020, 6:01pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,204
Gold Stars: 51

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
Hagrid
October 5, 2020, 6:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,519
Gold Stars: 544
You’re a really bad WUM. School closed due to covid?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
Dazm2373
October 5, 2020, 6:15pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +2

Wow the spelling and grammar . Under a new name I’m guessing . Let’s not forget we’ve played 2 games , the gap will soon be reversed , you clown 😂😂😂

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
Northbank Mariner
October 5, 2020, 6:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Who let the village idiot set up a thread?...do us all a favour, why don't you roll over and do a few under water farts!!..and I will guarantee if you've no idea where that line came from your mother is still packing you up and giving you a kiss on the cheek, making sure you enjoy your day at school!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
Henryscat
October 5, 2020, 6:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
Henryscat
October 5, 2020, 6:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Who let the village idiot set up a thread?...do us all a favour, why don't you roll over and do a few under water farts!!..and I will guarantee if you've no idea where that line came from your mother is still packing you up and giving you a kiss on the cheek, making sure you enjoy your day at school!!

Classic line.

Well be-bop-a-loo-la

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
Northbank Mariner
October 5, 2020, 6:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Henryscat

Classic line.

Well be-bop-a-loo-la

You've got it!!..👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
Les Brechin
October 5, 2020, 6:46pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,727
Gold Stars: 174

FGR fir us so should be able to find a comfortable win this week

MIND THE GAP

If you are gonna come on here and take the urine, at least get the bloody fixture right!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
Lincs Iron man
October 5, 2020, 7:28pm
Shandy Drinker
Not taking the urine, I'm genuinely worried about the state of your club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
Northbank Mariner
October 5, 2020, 7:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Not taking the urine, I'm genuinely worried about the state of your club

Haven't you figure it out yet... you're about as welcome as a fart in spacesuit!..with all respect, well as much as I can muster, go talk about your own club with your own fan!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
Gaffer58
October 5, 2020, 8:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Don’t you be worrying about us, we’ve been around a lot more years then you lot and will also be around for a lot more years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
Poojah
October 5, 2020, 8:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,883
Gold Stars: 1,527
Quoted from Hagrid
You’re a really bad WUM. School closed due to covid?

You know the rules mate - if you test positive you and your whole family have to self isolate. You don’t have be a genius to work out why that’s going to be a bit of a problem in Scunthorpe...

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
Lincs Iron man
October 5, 2020, 8:54pm
Shandy Drinker
Northbank Mariner

How can you take the urine out of us not having many fans when you lot were getting as low as 2500 last season.

I feel a bug inferiority complex with you fishy folk when it comes to us

Maybe because we have been championship level fir a few years while you lot been wallowing around national league.

Just hope fans are aloud back when we play you and we can take over your small town again

Mind the gap
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
HertsGTFC
October 5, 2020, 9:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Northbank Mariner

How can you take the urine out of us not having many fans when you lot were getting as low as 2500 last season.

I feel a bug inferiority complex with you fishy folk when it comes to us

Maybe because we have been championship level fir a few years while you lot been wallowing around national league.

Just hope fans are aloud back when we play you and we can take over your small town again

Mind the gap

Possibly the stupidest thing I’ve heard since the last time pistol Pete put the bullet in a half decent manager for treading on the cracks in the pavement.

Neither of us are that level now, looking at the history though I guess the difference is that when we reached the 2nd tier we stayed there for a bit, you’re brief visitations led in you getting the benz and dying a death.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
Northbank Mariner
October 5, 2020, 9:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Possibly the stupidest thing I’ve heard since the last time pistol Pete put the bullet in a half decent manager for treading on the cracks in the pavement.

Neither of us are that level now, looking at the history though I guess the difference is that when we reached the 2nd tier we stayed there for a bit, you’re brief visitations led in you getting the benz and dying a death.

Herts, don't rise to the village idiot who knows nothing about the history of the 2 clubs, sounds to me like he's only been on this planet since 2010.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
Poojah
October 5, 2020, 9:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,883
Gold Stars: 1,527
It's an interesting and fair point he makes - Scunny were indeed in the Championship while we were floundering in the darkest corners of non-league. That was quite an achievement, and fair play to them. It was an intriguing footballing story for the neutral fan; little, unfashionable old Scunny mixing it with the big boys of the Championship.

What I find even more intriguing though is how spectacularly they've fúcked it up since then. Just wrap your head around this for a second. Since 2013, they've accrued more than £9m worth of debt (source: http://priceoffootball.com/scunthorpe-united-2018-the-light-pours-out-of-me/). Keep in mind that they last played Championship football in 2011 and that this article is dated just prior to the outbreak of Covid in the UK; with that factored in they've almost certainly built up debts in excess of £10m and more likely something closer to £15m since they dropped out of the second tier.

Last season, Scunthorpe finished 15th in League Two, 5 places below Town. That's Town, formerly of the National League and who in the opinion of a large number of their own supporters have been grossly mis-managed despite effectively breaking even during that same period. The best part of £15m, and that's debt not spend (I can't even begin to comprehend how mental that figure is going to be), to go from the Championship to the lower echelons of League Two. That's just bonkers. Mad.

I know money doesn't guarantee success, but typically there tends to be at least a degree of correlation between those two things. It's an astounding case study in football club mis-management, and the book ain't even finished yet. I genuinely fear what the future repercussions may look like for them, and I say that as someone who doesn't like to see any club go bust (except, perhaps, MK). That there haven't been serious protests at the way that club has been run I think says a lot about the intellectuality of your average Scunny fan. I'd be absolutely furious, and frankly more than a little scared, if it were my club.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
Lincs Iron man
October 6, 2020, 12:08am
Shandy Drinker
Worried about us?? Seriously 😳

Have you seen where your current situation finds you??
Bottom, yes bottoms of the league.

No goals scored and five against in two game.

We should make playoffs at least this season and all being well join Lincoln next season and overtake them to be back has Lincolnshire's finest team and supporters
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
oochiad
October 6, 2020, 12:35am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
Are you thick Lincs Iron Man, he’s pointing out the existence of a club regarding their monetary status. Your going under you donut!!! Noting to do with placing, with that amount of debt and no support your not going to last long.....has the penny dropped yet????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
Cambridgefish
October 8, 2020, 2:42pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: -12
Gold Stars: 1
I’m fairly certain their chairman was warning they were about to run out of money in November.

I think his wife has finally closed her purse to him as he has wasted so much
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby v Bolton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.