Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Arts vs Football
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 267 Guests

The Arts vs Football

This thread currently has 6,095 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
October 4, 2020, 5:46pm
Guest User
One post doesn’t make a thread. If it was the first post, you may have had a point. But it wasn’t and the thread as a whole is football related.
Reply: 30 - 56
LH
October 4, 2020, 5:49pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from Civvy at last

I’m starting to think that this site has become a mouthpiece for the left wingers that turn every thread into a political point scoring exercise !!  NON FOOTY COMMENT.

Still,  I’m sure the MODs will sort it.

Oh,  

I guess Rob needs the clicks for revenue. So will quite happily let this continue unabated !!!

Point scoring? The Albert Hall is allowing thousands of  people in and toffs can go shooting with dozens of others but us scruffy oiks can’t go and sit outside distanced from others to watch football. The government are allowing themselves and their pals to go back to normal things they enjoy but not us. Why aren’t you mad about this?
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 56
Grantham_Mariner
October 4, 2020, 6:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,204
Gold Stars: 51
Is the Albert Hall large enough for a game of footy ?

If yes, problem solved.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 56
KingstonMariner
October 4, 2020, 6:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

I’m starting to think that this site has become a mouthpiece for the left wingers that turn every thread into a political point scoring exercise !!  NON FOOTY COMMENT.

Still,  I’m sure the MODs will sort it.

Oh,  

I guess Rob needs the clicks for revenue. So will quite happily let this continue unabated !!!

I never notice you complaining when someone makes a right wing point. You don’t really have a problem with politics. You have a problem with people having different political views to your own.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 56
ska face
October 4, 2020, 6:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 852

So you believe that LHs statement that the Conservatives don’t care about the working class is relevant in this thread ????
He didn’t mention football. He didn’t mention GTFC.
He didn’t mention actual policies related to football in general.  Just the usual attack on the Tories at any given opportunity!!  And he’s a Mod FFS.  
His opinion is as relevant as anybody else’s.
But shouldn’t be stated in this thread unless he can link it to football !!!

Does the entire thread prior to his post, the second comment in particular, not provide the context?
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 56
Mariner Ronnie
November 9, 2020, 3:13pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
Am I the only person that thinks this COVID farce is going to be over straight after the presidential election?

Election over, vaccine announced, looks like someone was right 😇

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 56
Rick12
November 9, 2020, 3:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

vaccine announced,
About time .I suppose the good thing that comes out of all this is some of us wont take nothing for granted ever again. Health is everything .Ive known for one people that have died of the Covid virus . Iam sure reading national Geographic magazine recently that a new virus will come along again . I just hope it wont be for a long time to come.

I think this boxing champion summed it up below :

[tweet]1273397506026745858[/tweet]

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 56
Gaffer58
November 9, 2020, 5:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
As were being run by the scientists and they were predicting a second wave right from the start do you think they were desperate to make the figures look bad thus covering their arses. The official enquiry in a couple of years will make interesting reading, that’s if Boris allows it to be published.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 56
Rick12
November 9, 2020, 5:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Gaffer58
As were being run by the scientists and they were predicting a second wave right from the start do you think they were desperate to make the figures look bad thus covering their arses. The official enquiry in a couple of years will make interesting reading, that’s if Boris allows it to be published.
I think some members of the public have  a lot to answer for. Had they followed government/scientific  advice the virus would have been kept under control better. For some its a blasé attitude that allowed this virulent virus to resurface time and again. Hopefully this vaccine will knock the stuffing out of it and we can all get back to normal.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 56
KingstonMariner
November 9, 2020, 6:17pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Gaffer58

Of course we’re not being run by ‘the scientists’. They’re advisers. Government, rightly, make the decisions on a range of factors, nit just science. Besides, forecasts of anything are always hedged around by scientists because nothing is known for certain until it happens. There would be no egg on any faces if a second wave didn’t arrive.

As it happens, perhaps you can tell all those people who have contracted the virus, got sick from it and died in recent weeks that the situation has been exaggerated to cover someone’s bottom?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Arts vs Football

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.