7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
male private Nale
September 28, 2020, 8:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -925
Gold Stars: 136
The wording of the EFL response definitely suggests it was Grimsby Town that have stated they cant fulfill the fixtures as oppose the EFL telling them they must not play.

This stinks of a blameless culture from the EFL , giving Grimsby no real option to play but stopping short of telling them to postpone.

What happens if in 16 days someone else tests positive after attending training, another 14 days or self isolating for everyone?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 61
GrimRob
September 28, 2020, 8:39pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,450
Gold Stars: 115
Clubs are going to be tempted to encourage players with symptoms not to get tested just stay at home until they have gone. Seems like being honest and trying to do the right thing is being penalised. Doesn't help when sanctimonious officials from Bradford mouth off on the airways when the clubs should be sticking altogether.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 61
moosey_club
September 28, 2020, 8:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,315
Gold Stars: 227
The wording suggests to me that they agree we have followed their and government guidance regards the ultimate decision we have taken so nothing further to worry about there.......but.....the wording also looks like we maybe didnt follow EFL protocols in the way we called off the Cheltenham game which i presume is what will be the focus of the investigation.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 61
Croxton
September 28, 2020, 10:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,019
Gold Stars: 35
BBC 'West Yorkshire Sport Daily'  talking about Bradford possibly playing Cheltenham instead as their match v Leyton Orient is off.

About 53 mins in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08rfhx3
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 61
GrimRob
September 28, 2020, 11:34pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,450
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Croxton
BBC 'West Yorkshire Sport Daily'  talking about Bradford possibly playing Cheltenham instead as their match v Leyton Orient is off.

About 53 mins in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08rfhx3

I hope they have discussed this with Cheltenham. Outrageous that Cheltenham might hear this first on West Yorkshire Sport Daily

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 61
scrumble
September 29, 2020, 10:44am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from moosey_club
The wording suggests to me that they agree we have followed their and government guidance regards the ultimate decision we have taken so nothing further to worry about there.......but.....the wording also looks like we maybe didnt follow EFL protocols in the way we called off the Cheltenham game which i presume is what will be the focus of the investigation.

Are these protocols rules or just advice?

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 61
Henryscat
September 29, 2020, 11:43am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Quoted from moosey_club

Quite possibly but I read it as they have to do an investigation whenever a game is called off. The fact they’ve said we’ve followed their protocol means it’s an open and shut case IMHO

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 61
denni266
September 29, 2020, 12:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
I think more of a problem is bratsford thinking they can get the point just given to them . Think they should be watching there back doors as they are surrounded by the virus and will surley strike them down very soon. Kama IS a wonderfull thing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 61
headingly_mariner
September 29, 2020, 2:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
Seems strange that we would be treated differently from other clubs and under investigation.  

Does anyone think we might not have followed the Covid guidance properly?

Might explain the drastic measures.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 61
jamesgtfc
September 29, 2020, 2:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Seems strange that we would be treated differently from other clubs and under investigation.  

Does anyone think we might not have followed the Covid guidance properly?

Might explain the drastic measures.

The Walsall v Orient statement said the exact same thing at the weekend, it's just a copy and paste job. I think people are reading more into the investigation part than necessary.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bradford definitely OFF

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.