Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Club Finances
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 243 Guests

Club Finances

This thread currently has 1,438 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
September 13, 2020, 11:42am
Guest User
Do we know what grants the club have received from the government? Apart from furlough not sure what COVID support the club has received.

As a club this season I think we’ll be slow to get a head of steam going. The fitness showed yesterday but with the club having been mothballed to the end of July we can’t expect much more.

I can’t see us getting near automatic promotion. The gap between the Clubs who come out of the blocks faster will be too much.

GrimRob
September 13, 2020, 12:44pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,452
Gold Stars: 115
I don't think this is the season to set expectations of promotion. Just surivving to stay in business is obviously top priority. I wouldn't be surprised if the 24 teams now in League 2 weren't all here come May.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 4
Heisenberg
September 13, 2020, 1:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,116
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from GrimRob
I don't think this is the season to set expectations of promotion. Just surivving to stay in business is obviously top priority. I wouldn't be surprised if the 24 teams now in League 2 weren't all here come May.

We might need a couple of them to go bust to ensure we stay up.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
KingstonMariner
September 13, 2020, 1:49pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GrimRob

You're right Rob. 4 will get promoted and 2 will get relegated.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
aldi_01
September 14, 2020, 6:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Surely we’re more likely to see some, if any, go to the wall next season.

I appreciate few will generate any income due to crowd numbers and so forth but I’d imagine that clubs will be ok for this year as their budgets were likely set around February/March time. Unless they aren’t that forward thinking...

If these hand outs, plus the free money the fans gave them, furlough, 25% pay cut and the likes...not to mention the somewhat squeezed contracts offered, I’d actually think we’re probably better off than a fair few others.

Waiting for handouts is dangerous though. Sorry the clubs themselves have to be proactive, and that’s not about saving money but also attempting to generate money. I know it’s up in the air but there was barely a murmur about ST going on sale. No deals to entice folk to buy both shirts or family deals and the like.

With the time they’ve had, and this isn’t just a criticism of GTFC but a fair few clubs, you’d think they’d have found ways or tried to, to attract more income?

At this moment in time, I’d say worrying about survival isn’t such a concern, the lack of fitness and somewhat chaotic team we have is...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Club Finances

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.