1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Limerick Mariner
September 8, 2020, 10:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
Their pre-season start betting guide is on sale today. I get it every year before putting spread bets on. One of their recommended bets is Town to finish above Scunthorpe in head to head.

We are placed at 13th. No real surprises in their forecast overall - Bolton Salford Mansfield in automatics and Southend bottom, Morcambe second-from. Massive turnover in many squads as expected. I'm looking at squads with low turnover that finished in good form - Vale could be a dark horse for the title - only lost two players, and form before lockdown was really good lost 2 in final 13 games.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Son of Cod
September 8, 2020, 11:35am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Their pre-season start betting guide is on sale today. I get it every year before putting spread bets on. One of their recommended bets is Town to finish above Scunthorpe in head to head.

We are placed at 13th. No real surprises in their forecast overall - Bolton Salford Mansfield in automatics and Southend bottom, Morcambe second-from. Massive turnover in many squads as expected. I'm looking at squads with low turnover that finished in good form - Vale could be a dark horse for the title - only lost two players, and form before lockdown was really good lost 2 in final 13 games.

Yeah, Vale will have a decent season. I'm surprised the bookies haven't picked up on this more than they have. Crawley have made some good signings too, just look a little short on firepower. I'd expect them to also have a decent season if they can bring someone in to score the goals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
Hagrid
September 8, 2020, 11:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,518
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from Son of Cod

Yeah, Vale will have a decent season. I'm surprised the bookies haven't picked up on this more than they have. Crawley have made some good signings too, just look a little short on firepower. I'd expect them to also have a decent season if they can bring someone in to score the goals.

signed tom nichols yesterday, i also have been impressed with their signings
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
Son of Cod
September 8, 2020, 11:39am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Southend to go down seems to be 6/1 across the board pretty much, that's tempting.
Quoted from Hagrid

signed tom nichols yesterday, i also have been impressed with their signings

Yeah, I saw that as well - looks like he's lost his way a bit lately, but Crawley seem to be good at giving these types of players a run in the side and getting the best out of them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 8, 2020, 12:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Oldham had good pre-season and easily beat Carlisle in cup so maybe a good outsider for the play offs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
diehardmariner
September 8, 2020, 4:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
Southend at 6/1 for the drop looks great value to me.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Racing Post

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.