2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
September 5, 2020, 9:02pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201

Sorry haven't got a link but....

Watched it on iFollow, good and honest interview on how it went and where we are.

What was the "we might end up having the world record sub, Tony Ford's still got it" bit all about though?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
davmariner
September 5, 2020, 9:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Youngest Town player?

Is it just me or is anyone else finding his interviews a bit tiresome. Constantly whinging, moaning and complaining. Smacks of Paul Hurst. Just get on with it. Things are as they are and every team is in the same boat.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
chipsandgravy
September 5, 2020, 9:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,631
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from davmariner
Youngest Town player?

Is it just me or is anyone else finding his interviews a bit tiresome. Constantly whinging, moaning and complaining. Smacks of Paul Hurst. Just get on with it. Things are as they are and every team is in the same boat.

It's you!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
RichMariner
September 5, 2020, 10:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,164
Gold Stars: 211
I like IH's interviews on the whole but he does tend to get tetchy over a few trivial things. He tried to make out the Limbrick thing was simple and couldn't understand the fuss, or why it was such a discussion on social media.

Fans like to know what's going on, they put a lot of money into the club. Therefore, when something's missing and no one clarifies the issue, tongues are gonna wag and the media is going to pick up on the rumours and ask questions.

Fair enough, he doesn't think it's a big deal, but you like to think that he can understand why the fans were asking questions.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
jamesgtfc
September 5, 2020, 10:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from RichMariner
I like IH's interviews on the whole but he does tend to get tetchy over a few trivial things. He tried to make out the Limbrick thing was simple and couldn't understand the fuss, or why it was such a discussion on social media.

Fans like to know what's going on, they put a lot of money into the club. Therefore, when something's missing and no one clarifies the issue, tongues are gonna wag and the media is going to pick up on the rumours and ask questions.

Fair enough, he doesn't think it's a big deal, but you like to think that he can understand why the fans were asking questions.

Holloway said, quite rightly, that a statement should have been made much sooner. If a journalist hears something, it's their job to report it once they've checked with sources.

Let's face it, if it was all kept hush, the question would have been asked about his whereabouts in the post match interview anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
IlkleyMariner
September 6, 2020, 3:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,034
Gold Stars: 69
Ollie won’t be too fussed now.
Next round would have seen us home to Oldham. Might as well put the free time to good use getting the fitness levels up and letting the squad get to know each other
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
Kris2
September 6, 2020, 3:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from RichMariner

In some ways I agree, it should have been handled faster as far as making a statement but I think fans of this club can be very demanding and entitled,especially when it comes to wanting to know everything about the inner workings of the club. I spend a lot of money at Tesco per year but I don't demand to know every single detail of what goes on in the boardroom and why they are making certain choices or why Bill from security was let go. It has less to do with money and more with wanting to know just because the fans want to know everything just because.

There are times I think supporters should just support the club and the team and act less like they are an important shareholder or a journalist. Even journalists can be dicks to football clubs and insist on picking on every tiny detail to catch them out.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
Ipswin
September 6, 2020, 4:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Next round would have seen us home to Oldham.

Why? Surely the club needs every £ it can get (or is all the whinging about finances totally untrue?)

Newcastle United in round 3 would have been nice

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
ginnywings
September 6, 2020, 4:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Kris2

In some ways I agree, it should have been handled faster as far as making a statement but I think fans of this club can be very demanding and entitled,especially when it comes to wanting to know everything about the inner workings of the club. I spend a lot of money at Tesco per year but I don't demand to know every single detail of what goes on in the boardroom and why they are making certain choices or why Bill from security was let go. It has less to do with money and more with wanting to know just because the fans want to know everything just because.

There are times I think supporters should just support the club and the team and act less like they are an important shareholder or a journalist. Even journalists can be dicks to football clubs and insist on picking on every tiny detail to catch them out.

That analogy doesn't work for me. If you don't like the way Tesco do things, you can go elsewhere. You haven't got the lifelong emotional attachment and have plenty of other places you can buy your spuds.

We have a board, most of whom have put in very little investment, making decisions that not all fans agree with. Fans should know what's going on, especially since it's mainly our money they are playing with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
HertsGTFC
September 6, 2020, 7:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Ipswin

Why? Surely the club needs every £ it can get (or is all the whinging about finances totally untrue?)

Newcastle United in round 3 would have been nice

Providing that the supporters are allowed back in?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
moosey_club
September 6, 2020, 7:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,315
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Kris2

There were unconfirmed rumours of taking damaged biscuits home, but I have it on good authority that he had got a bit comfy in his role and put a bit of weight on and as a result couldnt chase or keep on top of the shoplifters. Loss by theft had risen by 25% in the first quarter of this year.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
Teesknees
September 6, 2020, 8:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Next round would have seen us home to Oldham. Might as well put the free time to good use getting the fitness levels up and letting the squad get to know each other

But if we were in the draw wouldn't we have been a different number to Morecambe if it's numbered alphabetically?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
forza ivano
September 6, 2020, 8:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,284
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Teesknees

But if we were in the draw wouldn't we have been a different number to Morecambe if it's numbered alphabetically?

But does it really matter? If we drew liverpool or stevenage we still earn feck all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ollie's Morecambe post match interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.