pen penfras
September 5, 2020, 10:12am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from arryarryarry

Surely it is better to have someone ask pertinent questions rather than being an bottom licker.

It's not about the questions he asks, it's the way he speaks to the interviewee. A good interviewer builds a relationship where they get open answers by building a rapport. He dives straight in being aggressive and gets backs up from the very start.

Plus being negative about every single thing possible isn't what reporting is about. Although nowadays it does seem to have become the way.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
fishboyUTM
September 5, 2020, 10:13am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
It's brilliant what's going on at Hull. Their erratic and apparently unstable owner somehow has retained the services of Grant Mccann. I'm all for sticking with managers and giving them a good run but given their run over a long period of time, they surely should have started afresh this season.

Then there has been the renaming to Hull Tigers thing that created a huge divide between the fans and the owners, they don't own their own ground and I can see Allam pulling the plug. Let's hope so.

Is Boothferry Park still there? Open it up, their attendances will go back to 2000 or so and they can just get on with rugby league, or union or whatever it is.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
GrimRob
September 5, 2020, 10:18am

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,455
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from pen penfras

It's not about the questions he asks, it's the way he speaks to the interviewee. A good interviewer builds a relationship where they get open answers by building a rapport. He dives straight in being aggressive and gets backs up from the very start.

Plus being negative about every single thing possible isn't what reporting is about. Although nowadays it does seem to have become the way.

I'm not disagreeing but I have certainly seem some good interviews of his. One with Paul Hurst after the Wembley win comes to mind, His questions are uncoventional and can be quite probing. I guess if you deviate from the more traditional questions that the pros have been asked many times before and have stock answers to (and don't really tell the listener much) then it's always going to be a bit hit and miss.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Radio Humberside - Hull

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.