sonofmadeleymariner
July 28, 2020, 2:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/fo.....vUrBgqW_G82yQJazAfeA

Fans are set to return in Ireland to watch the Irish Cup, a good testing point ahead of the efl returning, hopefully if it goes well the Government might speed up the return of English fans.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
July 28, 2020, 3:05pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201

I see both clubs are/have drawn a raffle/ballot to decide which season ticket holders get a ticket for the game.

No other way of doing it I suppose.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 3
Boris Johnson
July 31, 2020, 3:08am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from promotion plaice

I see both clubs are/have drawn a raffle/ballot to decide which season ticket holders get a ticket for the game.

No other way of doing it I suppose.

id argue for selection based on length of season tickets held, if those records are to hand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 3
aldi_01
July 31, 2020, 7:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Sadly, if ridiculous rules like this come in to force either a raffle or literally first come first served is the only way.

I appreciate ST holders should get first dibs, and I know many non ST holders would agree with that, it does impact on those folk, of which I suspect given the current economical situation, that aren’t able to purchase one but still attend almost every game.

The simple fact is, there isn’t a fair way of doing it and unlike any games where there are only specific numbers available, it’s be hard to swallow for folk knowing BP has 6000 empty seats.

I’m slowly beginning to think, of it’s safe enough to open, you open. Full stop. People are aware of the so called dangers. If they think it’s too high risk, just don’t go.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Irish Cup

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.