3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
drbell
July 28, 2020, 1:37pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +269
Gold Stars: 14

Personally I don't believe the current board would be able to fund the higher figure unless they get a new investor who is happy to splash the cash.

No-one should be funding the club. It needs to continue to be self sufficient. Better football and more hope is the best route, which can slowly start to breed success, which to a greater or lesser extend leads to more income (crowds, sponsorship,  income levels that would support a new ground etc)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
ex-merseymariner
July 28, 2020, 4:56pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,403
Gold Stars: 9
bournemouth may challenge relegation?   https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53571916

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
Abdul19
July 28, 2020, 6:14pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220
Scrape that barrel

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
promotion plaice
July 28, 2020, 6:25pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201
Quoted from scrumble
TL;DR :

Bournemouth got promoted to the Prem, splashed a excrement ton of cash staying up for a few years, but now find themselves £100m in debt.

Yeah but their fans have been on one hell of a ride, lucky beggars.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
louth_in_the_south
July 28, 2020, 6:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,712
Gold Stars: 96
They’ve got 2 years to get back up or they’re in the sh.it

No pressure then lol

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
aldi_01
July 29, 2020, 5:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Will everyone crawl out of Howe’s bottom now?

I actually found the information interesting; sometimes reading and discussing other clubs is can be good. It doesn’t have to be GTFC 100% of the time. In reality too, although they’ve no doubt developed a sense of entitlement and people will disagree, Bournemouth are a similar size to many other clubs further down the pyramid. The only difference I see is a billionaire owner and some forward thinking.

I appreciate that their wage bill is still regarded as considerably low for the top level but in reality, for a club that get no more than 12k fans at home my view is that it is still high and heavily subsidised.

The legal challenge is straw clutching at its finest. They simply weren’t good enough. Over 38 games they didn’t win enough games and gain enough points; one may argue about decisions or significant moments but in reality one excrement decision is not why they’re going down, it’s a catalogue of crap performances, a manager who ain’t that astute and simply not being good enough.

There’s likely to be significant pressure on them to return to the top flight, I wonder how they will fair in the second tier. Last time they had momentum, a take no prisoners type attitude and an us v them type mentality, that isn’t likely to be there after a season like they’ve just had. Is it time for a change? It looks stale with Howe in charge, perhaps new ideas and fresh faces will help. There’s no room for sentiment and in some aspects that’s gone against them too.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
Mariner93er
July 29, 2020, 6:41am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
let’s be honest, if we were in Bournemouth’s position, we would feel very aggrieved. This wasn’t simply a bad decision, this was a blatant goal that if given, would have seen Bournemouth stay up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
GollyGTFC
July 29, 2020, 7:26am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from Mariner93er
let’s be honest, if we were in Bournemouth’s position, we would feel very aggrieved. This wasn’t simply a bad decision, this was a blatant goal that if given, would have seen Bournemouth stay up.

At the start of the season Aston Villa had a perfectly good goal disallowed at Crystal Palace which would have earned them a 1-1 draw. That lost them a point.

The error at Sheff Utd gained them a point.

I don’t see how one error is worse than the other.

I know 2 wrongs don’t make a right, but you could argue the 2 refereeing errors have evened themselves out for Aston Villa.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 20
Posh Harry
July 29, 2020, 9:22am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,376
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from GollyGTFC

At the start of the season Aston Villa had a perfectly good goal disallowed at Crystal Palace which would have earned them a 1-1 draw. That lost them a point.

The error at Sheff Utd gained them a point.

I don’t see how one error is worse than the other.

I know 2 wrongs don’t make a right, but you could argue the 2 refereeing errors have evened themselves out for Aston Villa.

Agree with this. Also, on the last day Villa knew the other scores and the position they were in so when West Ham equalised with 10 minutes to go, Villa knew they didn’t need to score again (apart from the very unlikely scenario of Watford scoring twice more), so they would not have been going gung ho for a winner, and who’s to say they wouldn’t have got that goal and the extra 2 points to make the ghost goal immaterial anyway.

Too many ifs and buts, Bournemouth were relegated and need to accept and move on.

UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
MrFisherman
July 29, 2020, 7:30pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: -168
The most boring post about a Premiershite team who went bust
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bournemouth

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.