7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
dicko995
July 27, 2020, 5:27pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -252
Gold Stars: 26
another waste of a topic, how many more are you lot gonna put on here. Go to the pub and chill out, what will be will be, leave it to IH, stop speculating.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 61
Mendonca1995
July 27, 2020, 6:10pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from devs
Ardley might be sort of player Ollie needs
He has said he wants players for 2/3 roles
We know Hendrie can play centre back - he was awesome at Palace in the Cup

More utility players you can sign more it frees up cash for quality strikers

That was Reece hall-Johnson but Hendrie is probably more than capable

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 61
IlkleyMariner
July 27, 2020, 6:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,034
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from dicko995
another waste of a topic, how many more are you lot gonna put on here. Go to the pub and chill out, what will be will be, leave it to IH, stop speculating.

Agree with this idea
Isn’t that why clubs employ managers, especially experienced ones with good contacts......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 61
jimgtfc
July 27, 2020, 6:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,104
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Son of Cod
Don't need him surely? Hendrie is one of our best players. Obviously he'd be a decent signing, but there are other areas of the starting XI that need addressing before RB competition. Especially considering Hewitt can play there as well.

Whilst I don’t think for a minute that this story has legs, I never quite understand why some want players signed in an order of significance. Why does it matter which position is covered first?

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 61
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 27, 2020, 8:24pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +879
Gold Stars: 123
I reckon after Ollie said about having contacts abroad, we will get at least 2 overseas players that nobody has heard of before but will be a sensation.

Think Robles but with talent..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 61
GollyGTFC
July 28, 2020, 5:48am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,065
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from Mendonca1995

That was Reece hall-Johnson but Hendrie is probably more than capable

No. At Palace we had both RHJ & Hendrie as the centre back partnership. Fox was left back (briefly) and Mitch Rose (with Zaha in his pocket) played right back.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 61
golfer
July 28, 2020, 9:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
kung Pao has been wonton by a lot of Championship clubs but I don't know if I am sweet or sour on him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 61
Son of Cod
July 28, 2020, 11:06am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from jimgtfc

Whilst I don’t think for a minute that this story has legs, I never quite understand why some want players signed in an order of significance. Why does it matter which position is covered first?

I'd generally agree, but the likelihood is that we're going to be operating on a smaller budget than usual with reduced numbers so we shouldn't be bringing in a premium RB when we already have one good enough to be in any decent side at this level plus adequate backup already when we don't have a first choice LB, have lost our best CM and only have one out and out striker (unless I've forgotten anyone). But like you say, it's probably not true anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 61
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 28, 2020, 11:09am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,319
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from golfer
kung Pao has been wonton by a lot of Championship clubs but I don't know if I am sweet or sour on him

Thanks for your input Donald Trump.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 61
Lincoln Mariner 56
July 28, 2020, 11:48am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Son of Cod

I'd generally agree, but the likelihood is that we're going to be operating on a smaller budget than usual with reduced numbers so we shouldn't be bringing in a premium RB when we already have one good enough to be in any decent side at this level plus adequate backup already when we don't have a first choice LB, have lost our best CM and only have one out and out striker (unless I've forgotten anyone). But like you say, it's probably not true anyway.

Interesting re centre midfield as, much to my surprise, I thought was absolutely excellent in that role in our last match at Scunts. Whether he is capable of churning that level of performance out on a regular basis remains the big question but he showed on that day he has the ability to be more than half decent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Neal Eardley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.