3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
July 18, 2020, 10:14am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,712
Gold Stars: 96
I believe that Swans wife is a Wilko . That’s where he gets his pocket money !!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
aldi_01
July 18, 2020, 11:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Having spoken to my old scunny supporting chum this morning it would appear the debt is almost all owed to Swann, although he’s under the impression there is interest to be paid.

Perhaps the similarities between both owners are more than we thought, I believe Swann also pursued a completely ridiculous redevelopment idea which was fundamentally about making him rich rather than benefiting the club and community.

It’s certainly a mess but I don’t think it’s entirely puts them in the same position as say Wigan or Macclesfield. If Swann were to even attempt to collect every penny without the club being sold (and they’re definitely not worth £11m) he wouldn’t get very far.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
golfer
July 18, 2020, 11:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
I dont believe J.S.F. charges interest
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
Ballgazer
July 18, 2020, 1:29pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +15
Quoted from aldi_01
I don’t think the comparisons of Fenty and Swann are necessary as many have pointed out. One could argue that both have seen some success, I guess Fenty’s came from him being competent abject in the first instance, Swann just spent and spent to reach a promised land that he saw, now the demise comes.

I’ve a really good friend that’s a scunt and he can’t stand Swann, not just for this poor management of the club but for his attitude, approach and so forth...excrement. Perhaps there are more similarities than we thought.

I guess these are difficult times for scunny but I don’t believe the large amounts of debt are to people like the bank or the tax man as such, happy to be corrected. I believe it’s a similar arrangement to what we have with Fenty. It’s unsustainable though and at some point surely something has to give. My friend honestly believes that had the season continues as normal, after their abysmal display against us he believes they’d have been dragged in to a relegation battle which would’ve been a disaster.

As someone has said, if Wilko continues to be profitable they may be ok, although I believe it’s money from his wife’s side of the family. Swann has form for over investing in projects that are unlikely to really have any returns or success. Just ask the folk of Gainsborough.

I wouldn’t want them to go to the wall though, I mean none of us like them but it’s good to have a rival. Look at Lincoln bless em, since Boston disappeared in to obscurity they’ve been desperate for rivalry with us, they even tried for one with Peterborough this year.

Peter Swann’s wife Karin sold her interest in Wilko’s 5 or 6 years ago!

She previously owned 50% but sold out to her sibling.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
ginnywings
July 19, 2020, 7:48am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
In the football scales of justice, Scunny ought to be spending a few years in the National League whilst we climb up to the Championship, flirt with glory for a while, then drop back down again. Then all will be right with the world and I can die happy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
Les Brechin
July 19, 2020, 7:59am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174
Who's Ami?  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
golfer
July 19, 2020, 9:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Les Brechin
Who's Ami?  

Exactly what i was thinking - "Why has a high class mens fashion boutique in Paris got to do with Town. Is there some mystery? Is it a take over or will they be the new suppliers of Macca's outfit ?"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
crusty ole pie
July 19, 2020, 10:52am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,382
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from Les Brechin
Who's Ami?  

Been waiting for this
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
July 19, 2020, 11:28am
Guest User
Ready ami fire
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ami reading this correctly

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.