May 31, 2020, 10:43am
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from pizzzza

Wrong. Each share is worth £1, £100 buys you 100 shares.

Interesting. I was convinced every share was £100 each and when I read your post just now I checked my share certificate from the first sale some years ago. I saw the were £50 per share. I’m assuming therefore that the current sale will be the same. Assuming that is correct I hope I’ve cleared up the matter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 64
Ballgazer
May 31, 2020, 12:06pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +15
Quoted from GrimExile

Interesting. I was convinced every share was £100 each and when I read your post just now I checked my share certificate from the first sale some years ago. I saw the were £50 per share. I’m assuming therefore that the current sale will be the same. Assuming that is correct I hope I’ve cleared up the matter.

There are various denomination of share BUT all the £1, £25,& £50 have been issued. The only shares authorised but unissued are the £100 ones. No others are available ( because they have all been sold)
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 64
GrimExile
May 31, 2020, 12:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Ballgazer

There are various denomination of share BUT all the £1, £25,& £50 have been issued. The only shares authorised but unissued are the £100 ones. No others are available ( because they have all been sold)

Thanks for that, I didn’t realise there were different values of shares. I’ve just bought some more so I’ll soon find out. Thanks again. #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 64
Gaffer58
May 31, 2020, 5:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Apart from the price, what is the difference between the different prices, if A has 1 share at £50 and B has 1 share at £100, does B get anything extra. Always thought that a company’s shares were always valued the same, just that the individual price could go up or down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 64
mimma
May 31, 2020, 5:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from Gaffer58
Apart from the price, what is the difference between the different prices, if A has 1 share at £50 and B has 1 share at £100, does B get anything extra. Always thought that a company’s shares were always valued the same, just that the individual price could go up or down.

They are not listed on the stock exchange so do not go up and down.

It isn't about speculating to make money, it's about helping the club in a crisis and at the same time being able to say I own a bit of the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 64
aldi_01
May 31, 2020, 9:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
So other than a certificate, what do you get? Voting rights? A say? If one bought enough could they join the board (I mock, we know this doesn’t happen)? Other than handing the club some cash, which one could do by purchasing a shirt, garden gnome, scarf etc what is it worth, or is it simply a cash generator?

Not saying that’s a bad thing at all. I believe o have a certain age from way back when this first started but what’s the incentive now?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 64
KK_DOG
May 31, 2020, 10:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
Quoted from aldi_01
So other than a certificate, what do you get? Voting rights? A say? If one bought enough could they join the board (I mock, we know this doesn’t happen)? Other than handing the club some cash, which one could do by purchasing a shirt, garden gnome, scarf etc what is it worth, or is it simply a cash generator?

Not saying that’s a bad thing at all. I believe o have a certain age from way back when this first started but what’s the incentive now?

You are an absolute pit of doom. The negativity is grinding me down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 64
GrimExile
May 31, 2020, 11:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from KK_DOG

I couldn’t agree with you more. Whether it’s the lockdown that’s making people more bitter and twisted, or whether the lockdown has made me more sensitive I just don’t know. What I do know though is that like you it’s grinding me down and to be frank maybe I just need a break from the Fishy and all its negative and sometimes nasty posts. #UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 64
aldi_01
June 1, 2020, 6:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from KK_DOG

A pit of doom for asking a question? Sorry, I’ll be all happy clappy if that helps? Have a flipping word.

If you’d bothered to read my comment you quoted you’d see I didn’t say it was a bad thing...merely asked what you get. I’ve had mine so long I don’t even know where the certificate is.

In the current climate people will want the answer, people may want a little more than a certificate that says they own a share.

But yeh, I’ll be all happy clappy because some folk can’t deal with realism and want optimism constantly...beat have a word with the club too...hardly a flipping barrel of laughs coming from them...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 64
GrimExile
June 1, 2020, 8:27am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

A pit of doom for asking a question? Sorry, I’ll be all happy clappy if that helps? Have a flipping word.

If you’d bothered to read my comment you quoted you’d see I didn’t say it was a bad thing...merely asked what you get. I’ve had mine so long I don’t even know where the certificate is.

In the current climate people will want the answer, people may want a little more than a certificate that says they own a share.

But yeh, I’ll be all happy clappy because some folk can’t deal with realism and want optimism constantly...beat have a word with the club too...hardly a flipping barrel of laughs coming from them...

You only get a certificate. What else do you want? The only reason people are buying shares is to help the club in these unprecedented times. And if you’ve read my last post it’s comments like yours with completely unnecessary bad language that is forcing me to give the Fishy a break. #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust share purchasing

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.