Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Two months have passed...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 266 Guests

Two months have passed...

This thread currently has 3,923 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
pizzzza
May 7, 2020, 11:53am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Two months ago today, feels like a lifetime. Soooo looking forward to football coming back, whenever that may be...

[youtube]ao6-5AaPWgA[/youtube]
Private Message
Boris Johnson
May 7, 2020, 12:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
its excrement isnt it...this and the prosect of no cricket....

its all balderdash
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
Chazzer
May 7, 2020, 12:26pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +90
Quoted from Boris Johnson

its all balderdash

Cricket

Smile and give your face a holiday - Jerry Cronin
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
buckstown
May 7, 2020, 1:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,237
Gold Stars: 80
Sport in general but especially footie and golf.
Think golf courses might open next week but I don't think we'll be stepping back in a football stadium for a long time. Unless they go for reducing capacity by two thirds to facilitate social distancing. That might be enough to save the season.
If they opt for no crowds most league two clubs with go under, so the only option will be to end the season in my opinion
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
Abdul19
May 7, 2020, 1:43pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220
Would ending the season stop clubs from going under?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
geir
May 7, 2020, 3:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
It looks like the football clubs in Norway will be allowed to train from this evening and that the series can start the 16th of June.
Will be announced tonight according to reliable sources of the largest newspaper. No reason not to believe it.

But I still miss League Two football and to watch Grimsby Town desperately!

UTMM!

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
May 7, 2020, 3:39pm
Guest User
What a game it was 8 weeks ago! I remember watching it on my phone in a shopping centre in France  
Reply: 6 - 21
Theimperialcoroner
May 7, 2020, 7:33pm

Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
Sending off doesn’t get any prettier does it?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 7, 2020, 8:25pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +878
Gold Stars: 123
Wow. How often have Town been unbeaten in over 2 months?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
KingstonMariner
May 7, 2020, 8:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from buckstown
Think golf courses might open next week but I don't think we'll be stepping back in a football stadium for a long time. Unless they go for reducing capacity by two thirds to facilitate social distancing. That might be enough to save the season.
If they opt for no crowds most league two clubs with go under, so the only option will be to end the season in my opinion

How do you make that out? Ending the season now means no income whilst the biggest item of expenditure (player wages) still has to be met. Finishing the season behind closed doors provides some income.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
pizzzza
May 7, 2020, 8:44pm

Pontoonite
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Wow. How often have Town been unbeaten in over 2 months?

I think the last time was June & July 2019.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
buckstown
May 8, 2020, 10:54am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,237
Gold Stars: 80
I wasn't thinking about it very deeply but my rationale was that players are currently being paid by the government scheme. If games restart behind closed doors the club pays the players and receives virtually no income. If the season is declared void my instincts are that the clubs will find a mechanism to cancel player contracts. Might be miles off course...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
Mayaman
May 8, 2020, 11:17am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Boris Johnson

its all balderdash

If any team game is designed for social distancing, it has to be cricket.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
Mayaman
May 8, 2020, 11:19am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
We start up here behind closed doors on the 15th May.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 21
geir
May 8, 2020, 12:26pm

Exile
Quoted from Mayaman
We start up here behind closed doors on the 15th May.  

Where is "here" ?

By the way, confirmed yesterday by the Norwegian government that the football season can start 16th of June - about three months after it was originally scheduled. I hope English football will get rolling again soon too...

Some interesting information today - The public health institute in Norway says that the number of infected people were rapidly on its way down in early March, at the time when the lockdown of the country was decided. So I hope this may apply to you also, and that we soon will be able to live our life as normal again.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
KingstonMariner
May 9, 2020, 5:43am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from geir

Where is "here" ?

By the way, confirmed yesterday by the Norwegian government that the football season can start 16th of June - about three months after it was originally scheduled. I hope English football will get rolling again soon too...

Some interesting information today - The public health institute in Norway says that the number of infected people were rapidly on its way down in early March, at the time when the lockdown of the country was decided. So I hope this may apply to you also, and that we soon will be able to live our life as normal again.

Is it true that when told they have to remain two metres apart Norwegian people were complaining that they weren’t going to stand THAT close to complete strangers? 😉

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
geir
May 9, 2020, 6:26pm

Exile
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Is it true that when told they have to remain two metres apart Norwegian people were complaining that they weren’t going to stand THAT close to complete strangers? 😉

Absolutely. Which explains the relatively low number of infected people here. We are not very comfortable with strangers. Two metres feel too intimate, like you are trying to get it on with me...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
Ipswin
May 10, 2020, 8:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Two months since a win.  

Holloway out!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
WesternMariner
May 11, 2020, 9:58am

Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +948
Gold Stars: 38
[quote=218]Sport in general but especially footie and golf.
If they opt for no crowds most league two clubs with go under, so the only option will be to end the season in my opinion[/]

Not a problem for the Scunts,  at Glumford ‘Sands Ground’ Park no one will notice the difference.

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
Stadium
May 12, 2020, 7:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from WesternMariner
[quote=218]Sport in general but especially footie and golf.
If they opt for no crowds most league two clubs with go under, so the only option will be to end the season in my opinion[/]

Not a problem for the Scunts,  at Glumford ‘Sands Ground’ Park no one will notice the difference.

Golf courses are reopening tomorrow.
Football resumes this weekend in Germany with no crowds.
There certainly won't be any crowds at any venues if the season resumes and more than likely non this year.
Personally I think the PL will resume,very little chance of the Championship finishing & L1 and L2 scrapped.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
Perkins
May 13, 2020, 12:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from buckstown

If that were the case, who would get priority? ST holders who have already paid meaning the club would get no income, or ignore ST holders and only allow payers to attend?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 21
Stadium
May 13, 2020, 5:49pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Championship could resume in June.

Football in England could return from the coronavirus shutdown as early as June 6, with the EFL close to finalising the restart of the Championship before the anticipated resumption of the Premier League, sources have told ESPN.

Discussions between the Premier League, its 20 clubs and the government over "Project Restart" have yet to result in a clear outline of where and when the top flight will be able to resume, despite UEFA imposing a deadline of May 25 for European leagues to confirm plans to restart or cancel the 2019-20 season.

But while the Premier League continues to search for a route back to competitive action, sources have told ESPN that the EFL are confident that football will return in the Championship, the English game's second tier and feeder into the Premier League, on the first weekend of June.

Talks involving the EFL and the league's 71 member clubs are ongoing and, while sources have said that League 1 and League 2 are likely to cancel the season and focus purely on completing the promotion play-offs, there is optimism that the Championship can and will be played to a conclusion on the pitch.

Sources have told ESPN that Championship clubs are now merely waiting to be advised of the safety protocols involving testing, training and the staging of fixtures before launching full-scale preparations to return to action next month.

All 24 Championship clubs have nine games still to play this season -- the campaign was suspended on March 13 -- leaving 108 fixtures yet to be played, plus the end-of-season playoffs between clubs finishing between third and sixth, respectively.

Leeds United, who last played in the Premier League in 2003-04, lead the Championship and have a seven-point cushion between themselves and third-placed Fulham.

https://www.espn.co.uk/footbal.....emier-league-sources

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Two months have passed...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.