White_shorts
June 24, 2021, 5:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -652
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from ska face
White Shorts - are you one of the Freemen by any chance? What do you stand to gain from having the development at Freeman Street?

No, I'm not connected to the Freemen and would gain nothing financially. It just annoys the fook out of me that there's been a stadium-sized brownfield site staring us in the face for two and a half years and the club has shown no interest in it.

Did Shutes and Stockwood actually have any discussion with ABP about filling in the dock? There must be someone here with a friend of a friend who works for the port authority.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 230 - 239
White_shorts
June 24, 2021, 6:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

Traffic will be murder, trying to get past the ABP gatehouse one car at a time  

You say that in jest, but the reality wouldn't be much different even if the gatehouse was moved. Let's say there are 2,000 cars pulling out onto Murray Street at a rate of one per second. It would take over half an hour for everyone to get away. Imagine the chaos at full time when thousands of fans are pouring across the road and one inevitably gets run over by an LGV.

Contrast that with the ten minutes it takes to walk from Freemo to Freshney Place car park. Surely some arrangement can be made for parking at Asda, whereby match ticket stubs could be used as store vouchers.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 231 - 239
GollyGTFC
June 25, 2021, 6:28am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,065
Gold Stars: 359
Sorry but you clearly don’t understand the definition of “brownfield site”.

A brownfield site is a previous developed site that was used for either industrial or commercial purposes and may or may not be contaminated.

The land you are talking about was residential and into reality should be redeveloped fot the same purpose.

Also there’s no way Asda would allow their car park to be taken up by football parking on a Saturday afternoon.

And Freshney Place would be even worse to get out of than the docks for cars. At least the docks exits straight on to the A180.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 232 - 239
White_shorts
June 30, 2021, 4:30pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Sorry but you clearly don’t understand the definition of “brownfield site”.

A brownfield site is a previous developed site that was used for either industrial or commercial purposes and may or may not be contaminated.

The land you are talking about was residential and into reality should be redeveloped fot the same purpose.

Also there’s no way Asda would allow their car park to be taken up by football parking on a Saturday afternoon.

And Freshney Place would be even worse to get out of than the docks for cars. At least the docks exits straight on to the A180.

Okay, forget the term "brownfield site". Let's just say "stadium-sized plot of land".

If a Freemo stadium was four separate stands, we could copy Leyton Orient and have apartment blocks in the corners.

I'm not sure how Asda would stop fans using their car park, unless they have attendants and you have to pay and display a ticket. I haven't been to the store since the pandemic started.

Most home fans would not head out onto the A180. Anyway, Shutes has bought the Ice Factory and made no mention of a docks stadium, so I guess it is not happening. I imagine ABP told him they don't want thousands of fans milling around an operational port.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 233 - 239
GollyGTFC
July 1, 2021, 2:07pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from White_shorts

Okay, forget the term "brownfield site". Let's just say "stadium-sized plot of land".

If a Freemo stadium was four separate stands, we could copy Leyton Orient and have apartment blocks in the corners.

I'm not sure how Asda would stop fans using their car park, unless they have attendants and you have to pay and display a ticket. I haven't been to the store since the pandemic started.

Most home fans would not head out onto the A180. Anyway, Shutes has bought the Ice Factory and made no mention of a docks stadium, so I guess it is not happening. I imagine ABP told him they don't want thousands of fans milling around an operational port.

I don’t live in Grimsby, but in Grantham all the supermarkets have NPR cameras and time limits when parking. If you park for over 90 mins/2 hours depending on which supermarket it is you get a ticket sent through the post.

So to answer your question Asda will enforce it the same way they enforce parking in their car park now.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 234 - 239
ska face
July 1, 2021, 2:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 852
Complete aside here, but interesting to see Lisa Nandy comment positively on Stockwood’s Guardian piece last night. Shutes had previously donated £15k to supermelt Nandy’s Labour leadership bid.
Private Message
Reply: 235 - 239
GollyGTFC
July 1, 2021, 2:18pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Complete aside here, but interesting to see Lisa Nandy comment positively on Stockwood’s Guardian piece last night. Shutes had previously donated £15k to supermelt Nandy’s Labour leadership bid.

I think Jason Stockwood did too…

I’ve checked. He did.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 236 - 239
GollyGTFC
July 1, 2021, 2:19pm

Whiskey Drinker
He donated £25,000.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 237 - 239
ska face
July 1, 2021, 3:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 852
It is with a heavy heart… *throws season pass in the bin*
Private Message
Reply: 238 - 239
HertsGTFC
July 1, 2021, 4:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ska face

I’m a labour voter but anyone who puts good money behind the likes of Nandy needs to have their heads examined.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 239 - 239
24 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tom Shutes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.