2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
May 2, 2020, 4:43pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
I heard that they were the result of a ship docking in the docks that had come from China and the crew had been struck down with a terrible illness.To stop the illness spreading the bodies were buried in a mass grave and encased in concrete .When our non-chairman heard of this rumour he instructed the workman  to carry on dismissing the concerns by saying whats the worst that could happen.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
rancido
May 2, 2020, 8:15pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,659
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from friskneymariner
I heard that they were the result of a ship docking in the docks that had come from China and the crew had been struck down with a terrible illness.To stop the illness spreading the bodies were buried in a mass grave and encased in concrete .When our non-chairman heard of this rumour he instructed the workman  to carry on dismissing the concerns by saying whats the worst that could happen.

This "terrible illness" wasn't the forerunner of this blight that is now ravaging the country? Same source

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
friskneymariner
May 2, 2020, 8:35pm

Brandy Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from rancido

This "terrible illness" wasn't the forerunner of this blight that is now ravaging the country? Same source

Whoosh.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
grimsby pete
May 2, 2020, 10:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from promotion plaice

The baffling thing is they had to remove concrete to level the goalmouths.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/pitch-work-begins/

Have you never heard of reinforced grass PP ?  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
KingstonMariner
May 3, 2020, 12:49am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from promotion plaice

The baffling thing is they had to remove concrete to level the goalmouths.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/pitch-work-begins/

I remember on a ground tour about 15 years ago Dave Smith saying BP WSS built on the site of a brick works. Maybe the concrete was part of the floor for that.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 4, 2020, 7:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,320
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from golfer
I am a qualified landscape gardener so I know about these things. In 1963 Town ordered new goal posts and I was assigned with the job of fitting them. I was on Town's books at the time as a goalkeeper. I had a problem - I hadn't finished growing so I was only 4ft 71/2ins. Mr Johnstone who always gave me advice said i could either shorten the goalposts or raise the ground with sand whenever it rained under the pretence of getting rid of puddles. I chose the latter. I was never picked for the first team even though our regular keepers were often injured with head injuries and probably was the main cause of our relegation at the end of that season.  I am so sorry.

You were 4ft 7.5 inches but never made it as a pro goalkeeper? Wonders never cease......

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
Posh Harry
May 4, 2020, 9:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,376
Gold Stars: 36

You were 4ft 7.5 inches but never made it as a pro goalkeeper? Wonders never cease......

Didn’t stop Paul Reece 🙂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 7, 2020, 12:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from golfer
I am a qualified landscape gardener so I know about these things. In 1963 Town ordered new goal posts and I was assigned with the job of fitting them. I was on Town's books at the time as a goalkeeper. I had a problem - I hadn't finished growing so I was only 4ft 71/2ins. Mr Johnstone who always gave me advice said i could either shorten the goalposts or raise the ground with sand whenever it rained under the pretence of getting rid of puddles. I chose the latter. I was never picked for the first team even though our regular keepers were often injured with head injuries and probably was the main cause of our relegation at the end of that season.  I am so sorry.

I found your photo in the 1963 Year Book.

[img] https://digital.nls.uk/oor-wullie/images/meet-oor-wullie/Fat_Boab.png[/img]

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The goalmouth humps

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.