5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
norfuk mariner
April 29, 2020, 12:47pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +200
Gold Stars: 2
Now being suggested that season could be completed behind closed doors at regional hubs.

https://www.standard.co.uk/spo.....vid-19-a4427041.html
Logged Offline
Private Message
crusty ole pie
April 29, 2020, 2:23pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,382
Gold Stars: 66
Scrap the playoffs  and make our league 3 up I down and play the matches but any matches between clubs that can not go either up or down are also scrapped. Play the same procedure in the national league with two automatic promotion places.
Fair to all teams with a outcome to the season but reduces the number of matches played and no large followings for the playoff games
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 45
GrimRob
April 29, 2020, 2:27pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,453
Gold Stars: 115
Finish the season off on one day with penalties at one venue.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 45
grimsby pete
April 29, 2020, 2:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
If we can not play our games at home or away I can not see the point going to Leeds Newcastle or wherever scrap the bloody thing and do what crusty says.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 45
grimsby pete
April 29, 2020, 2:30pm

Exile
Quoted from GrimRob
Finish the season off on one day with penalties at one venue.

I know our players are fit Rob but asking them to play 11 games in one day is asking too much.

Oh you meant no games just Penalties  

Can not see any club agreeing to that but who knows ?

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 45
Boris Johnson
April 29, 2020, 2:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Please void the season now...thanks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 45
grimsby pete
April 29, 2020, 2:35pm

Exile
Quoted from Boris Johnson
Please void the season now...thanks

What you doing on here Boris haven't you got some nappies to change ?  

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 45
aldi_01
April 29, 2020, 7:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from grimsby pete

What you doing on here Boris haven't you got some nappies to change ?  

I’ll have you know that inability to run a country aside, he is more than capable of taking himself to the toilet...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 45
KingstonMariner
April 29, 2020, 8:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from aldi_01

I’ll have you know that inability to run a country aside, he is more than capable of taking himself to the toilet...

PMSL 😂 😂😂

I see the Young Conservatives are logged in tonight judging by the red crosses. I thought they were supposed to have a sense of humour. That’s what they always say when someone tells them off for making un-PC remarks.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 45
denni266
April 29, 2020, 9:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Poor old Boris  looks bad enough at times with his hair all over the place. cant imagine what he will look like after a few sleepless nights .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 45
mimma
April 29, 2020, 11:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 78
There are only 8 or 9 games left plus play offs. That's 4 weeks at 3 games a week. Then the playoffs. Probably holiday travel will still be curtailed and the euros have been cancelled, I don't see any reason why we cannot finish this season in the summer. It's a bit early to be calling it off since nobody knows what the likely outcome is going to be. Even playing behind closed doors is preferable to calling it off completely IMHO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 45
Manchester Mariner
May 1, 2020, 6:28am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
Piece on the bbc website this morning involving Alex Rodman who is the union rep at Bristol Rovers having his meeting leaked, saying that unsurprisingly there wont be any crowds at EFL games until 2021.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52493649

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 45
louth_in_the_south
May 1, 2020, 7:06am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,712
Gold Stars: 96
If there’s no crowds until then the I can’t see how a new season could start . No crowds means no income , no money no contracts for players etc etc etc .... finishing this season is completely pointless. All leagues should just be voided until normality in whatever form that is can be restored...

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 45
Squinter
May 1, 2020, 9:29am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9
Not sure if this is a stupid idea or not, but maybe a for EFL and Premiership would be to :-

Start all leagues again in August
No promotions / relegations from 2019/2020 ( sorry all clubs that could have got promotion )
First few months of new season should be the planed games that would have finished off last season.
All these outstanding games count as double points, so points go towards last season and new season.
I.e.  Liverpool win their first game they get 3 points towards 2019 / 2020 and 3 points towards 2020/2021 season.  
At least this way we still get league champions and money can be split fairly for league positions.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 45
Bigdog
May 1, 2020, 10:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I'm very uneasy that fans of a club with no chance of either promotion or relegation sitting in 13th place of Division Two could  advocate the voiding of this season. It wouldn't only affect the often mentioned headline teams of Liverpool, Leeds and West Brom but also affect teams like long suffering Coventry as well as a long list of promotion hopefuls including clubs who have overperformed like Wycombe, Rotherham, Oxford, Crewe, Cheltenham etc. Realistically there's nearly a third of all clubs chasing promotions that would be a huge boost to every one of them in different ways. And what about the clubs that are destined for relegation? Why should they get a free hit.. especially Stevenage? Void the season and the integrity of British football will be broken along with neverending lawsuits flying around in the aftermath. We need to show the English game is the strongest out there. There's enough money around in our game to sort out any shortcomings like players' contracts etc. We play the end of the season when it's safe to do so and we adjust the following season's timings over the next couple of years to recalibrate. We play behind closed doors if we have to. The fans of Coventry, Crewe and Rotherham matter as much as Liverpool's first title in thirty years or Leeds's return to the Premier League. We can't be weak and go for easier options like some countries have done, we need to work our way through it.. patiently and pragmatically to keep the integrity of our national sport intact..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 45
horsforthmariner
May 1, 2020, 10:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,638
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
If there’s no crowds until then the I can’t see how a new season could start . No crowds means no income , no money no contracts for players etc etc etc .... finishing this season is completely pointless. All leagues should just be voided until normality in whatever form that is can be restored...

I Suppose there would be Ifollow income that might replace some of the lost revenue from tickets (as someone who doesn't have a season ticket as I live away I'd be ploughing 10-15 quid most weeks that I otherwise don't), presumably we would still receive TV money, there would still be sponsorship (although much reduced), there would also be some cash from merchandise. Costs would be lower as well - No Police costs, You don't have much of the Admin wages.

I expect most clubs in EFL 2 will:
Axe their youth set up, Reduce squad size and renegotiate contracts. If you are a player and you are out of contract then this will be a massive problem, player wages will go through the floor.

All of this suggests to me it comes down to a pure financial decision on whether to finish the league or not. Can clubs make money from Ifollow than they have to pay to stage the games or not?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 45
codcheeky
May 1, 2020, 11:09am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,263
Gold Stars: 31
For the Premier league, a suggestion would be to test and isolate each squad and a list of officials. They have enough money to book hotel for June with training facilities nearby. Most have 9 games left, the games could then be played . Most are international players used to being in a camps for the Euros or world cups. The games could then be played at a couple a week either behind closed doors or even a lottery from season ticket holders to have a minimum safe distancing crowd
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 45
jaygy
May 1, 2020, 11:30am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
If the season restarts after the players contracts run out, will those players still be eligible to play for us? Or will we have to field a team of next seasons contracted players and youth? I'm just wondering what that team would look like and would maybe give us more time to find the right players for the 2020/21 season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 45
Stadium
May 1, 2020, 11:58am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

‘Project Restart’ includes plans to test all Premier League players twice a week, with kits sourced privately, so as not to divert supplies from the vulnerable and key workers.

Squads could be isolated in camps when competition resumes, and testing all staff and personnel before each match would amount to at least 200 tests per game, and up to 2,000 per round of fixtures. The Premier League, rather than clubs, plan to manage all testing centrally.

Proposals being discussed today at Project Restart meeting

Players to wear masks/snoods at all times

A proposal for players to cover up their faces during matches and training has already been dismissed as 'farcical' by Brighton striker Glenn Murray. "It is going to be off-putting, it is not going to be natural and people are going to be ripping them off in the middle of training,” Murray said.

Players and staff to be banned from spitting

Medical officials have advised the Premier League to ban spitting during matches in order to stop the threat of coronavirus and give players who ignore the rule a yellow card.

"It is unhygienic and a good way to spread the virus," Fifa’s Medical Committee chairman, Michel D’Hooghe said. "This is one of the reasons why we have to be very careful before we start again.

Tight training restrictions

A number of measures could be implemented on the training pitch. Groups will be limited to five players per training group, tackling and close-contact training drills will be prohibited and players will operate in designated time slots: 15 minutes to prepare, 75 minutes of small group training, 15 minutes recovery

No massages unless greenlit by club doctor

Players will be unable to receive massages unless approved by the club doctor. In fact, players could be denied access to dressing rooms unless they need to use the toilet.

All equipment to be disinfected before and after use

All footballs will be disinfected by staff in personal protective equipment under strict rules.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 45
dicko995
May 1, 2020, 12:12pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -252
Gold Stars: 26
Put the goalie in a car, send him to the match, one goalie against the other goalie from opposing club, one penalty each, could be a draw or 1-0 win, job sorted, saves on money and will be isolated, job done, season done.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 45
Stadium
May 1, 2020, 12:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from dicko995
Put the goalie in a car, send him to the match, one goalie against the other goalie from opposing club, one penalty each, could be a draw or 1-0 win, job sorted, saves on money and will be isolated, job done, season done.

Incredible,why on earth haven't they thought of that simple solution?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 45
scrumble
May 1, 2020, 12:57pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from horsforthmariner

I Suppose there would be Ifollow income that might replace some of the lost revenue from tickets (as someone who doesn't have a season ticket as I live away I'd be ploughing 10-15 quid most weeks that I otherwise don't), presumably we would still receive TV money, there would still be sponsorship (although much reduced), there would also be some cash from merchandise. Costs would be lower as well - No Police costs, You don't have much of the Admin wages.

I was thinking the same thing. I haven't been to game in ages, between living 250 miles away and working Saturdays its kind of tricky, but I would pay to watch online. Add to that how many away fans wouldn't spend a whole day  travelling to Cleethorpes but would happily pay to watch from home. We probably wouldn't make the same money overall, even allowing for savings in costs, but as long as running costs and wages are covered I'd think its worth it just to be fair to other teams who still have something to play for.

Coupled with someones earlier idea of seeing this season through, and then having the next season split into North and South to  make it shorter we could get back on track and keep most people happy#

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 45
GrimRob
May 1, 2020, 1:07pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,453
Gold Stars: 115
The thing is would you pay to watch a match with no crowd? The crowd/atmosphere is what makes it to a large degree. Even on a fairly basic ifollow-type coverage it's still there in the background and the players respond to it too. A game without a crowd is like a training game for them. I don't think they'd put the same effort it, maybe subconciously then if thousands of people were cheering them on.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 45
scrumble
May 1, 2020, 1:14pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from GrimRob
The thing is would you pay to watch a match with no crowd? The crowd/atmosphere is what makes it to a large degree. Even on a fairly basic ifollow-type coverage it's still there in the background and the players respond to it too. A game without a crowd is like a training game for them. I don't think they'd put the same effort it, maybe subconsciously then if thousands of people were cheering them on.

I watched the Man U game just before the lockdown (don't laugh, my stepson is a fan), and you're its not the same, but I would still. For me personally it works, as rarely get the chance now.

Maybe they could do it as a giant zoom meeting. So we can all hear everyone, plus the occasional shout of "Your not watching that in the living room"

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 45
TownSNAFU5
May 1, 2020, 2:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Home games also generate additional income from bars, non-alcoholic refreshments, half-time ticket draw and merchandise sales.  Fans are also kept directly involved with the club.

These income streams would be lost.  Also, the habit of not going to live matches might be hard to break for some fans when spectators are welcomed back.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 45
KingstonMariner
May 1, 2020, 2:24pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from scrumble

I watched the Man U game just before the lockdown (don't laugh, my stepson is a fan), and you're its not the same, but I would still. For me personally it works, as rarely get the chance now.

Maybe they could do it as a giant zoom meeting. So we can all hear everyone, plus the occasional shout of "Your not watching that in the living room"

That figures he’s a Man U fan. You did say you live 250 miles away 😉

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 45
Boris Johnson
May 1, 2020, 2:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
If i hear or see the word Zoom again..................................
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 45
Stadium
May 1, 2020, 2:57pm
Champagne Drinker

Should have used it more & you wouldn't have got ill.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 45
Madeleymariner
May 1, 2020, 4:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 51

Just one look and then my heart went boom
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 45
moosey_club
May 1, 2020, 4:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,318
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from dicko995

Surely when the goalkeepers drive over the ball to take the penalty it will burst ?
And when in goal do they park head on or sideways ?

Not sure you have thought this through .....

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 45
moosey_club
May 1, 2020, 4:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,318
Gold Stars: 229

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMo6Ju8SJ8o

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 45
Stadium
May 1, 2020, 8:38pm
Champagne Drinker
This plan to finish seasons at all costs has got off to a good start:

In Germany, Bundesliga side FC Cologne have announced tonight 3 positive COVID-19 cases after the squad and coaching staff were tested on Thursday at training.

They are symptom-free but will spend 14 days in quarantine.

Group training will continue

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 45
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 1, 2020, 8:56pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +878
Gold Stars: 123
To save playing ALL remaining matches in each division, just play the matches that will influence promotion or relegation positions. Number of matches would be a quarter of what remains. Easier to organise, and not as many COVID-19 tests need doing. Depending on remaining fixtures some teams may only need to play 1 or 2 games, whereas those who are in the hunt for promotion or fighting relegation will only need to play until promotion or relegation is guaranteed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 45
KingstonMariner
May 2, 2020, 12:16am
Meths Drinker
That would be impracticable. Teams near the bottom, near the top and near the playoffs would all be involved in matches that would influence promotion and relegation. Naturally some of those games will also be against teams with nothing to play for. I bet you'd only shave off a third at most of games. And some teams (mostly the safe, but not likely to get in the playoffs) would play less than others, giving them more recovery time and a better chance. Normally it's these teams that the others pick up extra points from near the end of the season.

And that's before you try to decide what will and won't affect promotion or relegation. In theory that still involves us.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 45
GollyGTFC
May 2, 2020, 6:02pm

Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
It highly unlikely there will be football with crowds until the end of the year or maybe 2021. I don't see the point in a aborting a season that is 80% complete and starting a new one with no fans. The only income clubs will have will be from online viewers. More people are likely to watch games at the business end of the season.

The solution is simple. Complete the 2019/20 season in full whenever it is possible to restart. Then have a small break of 4 or 5 weeks & maybe play EFL Trophy 2020/21 group stage & EFL Cup 1st & 2nd Round during this period and then start a new (probably shortened) season initially behind closed doors until fans in the stadium are permitted.

Matches in each EFL division could be spread over the entire weekend to help iFollow cope with additional demand. Maybe matches:-

Friday 19:30
Saturday 12:00, 14:30, 17:00 & 19:30.
Sunday 12:00, 14:30, 17:00 & 19:30.

With 35 League matches per round (12 in FLC & FL2 & 11 in FL1) that would mean no more than 4 matches played at the same time across the 4 divisions.

Midweek games could be played:-

Tuesday 18:00 & 20:30
Wednesday 18:00 & 20:30
Thursday 18:00 & 20:30
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 45
gaz57
May 2, 2020, 9:56pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
The average points per game gained over the season so far should be awarded for each remaining game that way promotion and relegation would be based on what each team achieved when playing with a regular squad. No play offs just highest and lowest position counts. Every person working in the footballing industry deserves the right to health and safety in the work place and with this killer it can't be guaranteed. I like every football fan in the world thought the game meant everything ( after family of course ), boy have we been brought down to earth with a bump.
Stay safe all footy fans and be ready for the first game in the new world were we can enjoy the game the way it's meant to be with crowd's that cheer together and were you  talk to the person sat next to you and enjoy the atmosphere even though you have never met before. Good luck and stay safe looking forward to that first virus free game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 45
golfer
May 4, 2020, 8:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
I personally don't think in the general community that there is much concern if the season is finished or not. There are far more important things for people to be worried about. To be quite honest I can't remember which team we last played and have no chance of naming what our line up was -can anybody else without looking it up. Clue -Macca was in goal - er - I think
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 45
Stadium
May 4, 2020, 6:39pm
Champagne Drinker
The boss giving his views

“I don’t want to risk anybody’s life in any way, shape or form. I don’t want to risk my life. I’m 57. I don’t want to die early.

“If it’s not safe for fans to go to a game, it’s not safe for players, managers or anybody else.”.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/holloway-behind-closed-doors-grimsby-4104375

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 45
louth_in_the_south
May 4, 2020, 7:40pm

Exile
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,712
Gold Stars: 96
What remains of this season needs scrapping to give clubs a manageable amount of time plan for next season to give themselves maximum income streams to survive if you ask me . An ifollow season ticket could be a short term solution giving fans the chance to pay and stream matches up to Christmas and then see where we are with fans being allowed back into grounds . It would also giive the clubs and players time to organise who or where they’ll be playing. I can see a lot of players going part time as there’s going to be a dramatic cut in salaries no doubt .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 45
gaz57
May 4, 2020, 11:58pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
I seem to remember we had to have crowd's of 3000 to break even if that is still the case what sort of crowd's would we get if the over 70s and the vulnerable can't go. The season should not be played out and the new season should not  start until the virus is defeated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 45
Caveman
May 5, 2020, 10:51am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 17
Lewis Duckworth would sort it out once and for all !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 45
Abdul19
May 5, 2020, 11:07am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220
Jack's son?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 45
Stadium
May 5, 2020, 11:24am
Champagne Drinker

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
Ipswin
May 5, 2020, 11:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

If I see another bloody rainbow in someone's window...

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 45
Ipswin
May 5, 2020, 11:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Looking forward to the re-runs of Euro 96 especially England v Holland and England v Scotland, great stuff

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 45
norfuk mariner
May 8, 2020, 2:03pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +200
Gold Stars: 2
I wonder where Stevie Cammack is??

Now looks like GTFC will finish c15th and Scunts c20th if the present EFL proposals to end Div 1 and 2 are concluded. Also bye to Stevenage!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Proposal from EFL to complete the season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.