Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Most bizarre incident at a Town match?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 281 Guests

Most bizarre incident at a Town match?

This thread currently has 11,288 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
NorthLondonMariner
April 20, 2020, 8:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from promotion plaice

Idea taken off another forum but heyho.

What's the most bizarre incident that you've seen or experienced at a Town match?

On a personal note after following Town on and off for over 40 years mine was earlier this season when I was picked out by a Comsec agent and marched to stadium manager Nick Dale by the stewards.
They quickly realised I was innocently using my mobile, the club wasn't happy about it.

A similar thing happened to a Hull fan...
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/hull-city-statement-fan-texting-3198585

I can't remember what game it was, but it was either the first or second season BP went all-seater. Town players warming up pre-match & one of them spooned a shot into the ponny, the ball hit some poor sod and his Bovril went all over him.  About 10 mins later, the guy had a new Bovril and exactly the same thing happened to him again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 81
NorthLondonMariner
April 20, 2020, 8:45pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
Also Bournemouth away about 8 or 9 years ago. Play stopped while a police dog shat on the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 81
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 20, 2020, 8:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,023
Gold Stars: 190
Surprised it hasn’t been mentioned, but chima scoring at tranmere when we were 4-0 down and the place going mental.

Never seen the goal since as am presuming it wasn’t recorded.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 81
nightrider
April 21, 2020, 12:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Abdul19
I saw Mike Jeffrey score a goal once

Well jel

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 81
Madeleymariner
April 21, 2020, 8:58am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 51
Seeing Glen Downey score, never mind seeing him on the pitch
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 81
jamesgtfc
April 21, 2020, 10:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Dave Challinor being substituted by Carlton Palmer because the referee never sent him off for that foul on Martin Pringle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 81
MarinerGaz
April 21, 2020, 11:01am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +399
Not been to that many games in the last decade, just taken the kids to some nearby away matches (Cheshire exile) when able to, but seen a few incidents at those...
Bin roll at Southport
Macca chasing a goose at Macclesfield's first home game back in the league (I also sat next to / across the steps from Elliot Whitehouse and his missus without realising it was him at first)
Bignot talk to fans after mauling at Crewe (my youngest was born in Crewe at Leighton hospital - she wanted to support THEM after that game)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 81
drbell
April 21, 2020, 11:06am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +269
Gold Stars: 14
An away game probably 20+ years ago (at Bradford maybe), where someone shouted out 'I love you Danny' to Danny Coyne just as he was about to take a goal kick. He could barely run to the ball with laughing, took a shocking goal kick, and we were lucky not to concede a goal from it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 81
toontown
April 21, 2020, 12:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
The fox that ran into the ground during a game, ran round the entire ground next to the hoardings, presumably looking for a way out, and then ran out the way it came in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 81
grimsby pete
April 21, 2020, 2:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
In the old ponny when most had a homosexual during the game the stand often caught fire so we used to pee on it and put it out.

We did not think much about it at the time until Bradford happened.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Most bizarre incident at a Town match?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.