2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
chelseacity
April 15, 2020, 3:38pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +364
Gold Stars: 9
I read in today's Grimsby Telegraph about the financial situation at our club, if the club can find a way of organising it i would be very happy to pay now for the upcoming 2020/2021 season ticket.
Logged Offline
Private Message
GrimExile
April 15, 2020, 3:40pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,281
Gold Stars: 36
[quote=61159]I read in today's Grimsby Telegraph about the financial situation at our club, if the club can find a way of organising it i would be very happy to pay now for the upcoming 2020/2021 season ticket.[/quote
Nice one. Impressed.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
rancido
April 15, 2020, 3:50pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,661
Gold Stars: 102
For all the criticism of JF's prudence at least it has left us in a good financial position to face this crisis.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
Heisenberg
April 15, 2020, 5:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,115
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from rancido
For all the criticism of JF's prudence at least it has left us in a good financial position to face this crisis.

If this had happened 10 years ago we’d probably go bust. I can’t believe we’re actually confident we’ll survive, it’s a relief to me as we’ve always been skint.

I will probably never have a season ticket again (haven’t had one since 2002-ish), but I’ll gladly pay for a match ticket for each remaining home game of this season even if they’re played behind closed doors.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
aldi_01
April 16, 2020, 8:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Weren’t they discussing putting ST on sale this early anyway?

Just put them on sale, most clubs have their STs on sale before the end of the season anyway.

I think fans contribute enough, if people want to thats their choice but they’ve had my ST money and they’ll get it next year. I’ve bought a shirt, a scarf and other random excrement out the club shop...that’s my spending at the club done.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
Stadium
April 16, 2020, 10:29am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from aldi_01
Weren’t they discussing putting ST on sale this early anyway?

Just put them on sale, most clubs have their STs on sale before the end of the season anyway.

I think fans contribute enough, if people want to thats their choice  but they’ve had my ST money and they’ll get it next year. I’ve bought a shirt, a scarf and other random excrement out the club shop...that’s my spending at the club done.

Fully agree.
At this time and moving forward it's going to be financially difficult for lots of people.
Football purchases will be a long way down on people's list of priorities.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
Gaffer58
April 16, 2020, 10:52am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Don’t get me wrong we a support town and want them to succeed but if your favourite butcher,paper shop,local corner shop, garden centre or God forbid your favourite pub was going to close permanently would you go along and buy things just to keep them going, why do football clubs get such blind allegiance. Probably some psychologists could explain.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
grimsby pete
April 16, 2020, 10:58am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
If Town do a 5 or 6 game ticket for exiles I will buy one now I am back to full fitness.

When I say full fitness I mean for a 72 year old .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
pizzzza
April 16, 2020, 11:05am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from rancido

Does JF get criticism for being prudent? I think most appreciate that we have to live within our means and run a tight ship. Most criticism that I see directed at JF is stuff like the endless PR gaffes, failure to deliver a new stadium, the string of failed managerial appointments, etc. (but that's a whole different story of course...).
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
Rick12
April 16, 2020, 11:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Gaffer58
Don’t get me wrong we a support town and want them to succeed but if your favourite butcher,paper shop,local corner shop, garden centre or God forbid your favourite pub was going to close permanently would you go along and buy things just to keep them going, why do football clubs get such blind allegiance. Probably some psychologists could explain.
I think its to do with the need to belong to something.Hence community .Its why humanity was able to survive in the early onset of human evolution amid hunger problems due to the change in the climate.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
LH
April 16, 2020, 11:25am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
I’d renew my season ticket anyway even if we don’t start until October. I’d consider buying shares if there’s is logistical problems getting season tickets on sale. Although they’ve furloughed everyone so it all seems a bit of a non-starter anyway.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
dapperz fun pub
April 16, 2020, 3:51pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,063
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from Gaffer58

It’s in the blood sometimes I wish it wasn’t but it is
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
April 16, 2020, 3:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from grimsby pete
If Town do a 5 or 6 game ticket for exiles I will buy one now I am back to full fitness.

When I say full fitness I mean for a 72 year old .

Well, if you are back to full fitness, you can shimmy up your drainpipe to help Ipswin and I re-thatch your roof. It’s hot work up here and Aldi_01 has just tweaked a hammy.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
Chazzer
April 16, 2020, 4:20pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +90
Quoted from Rick12
I think its to do with the need to belong to something.Hence community .Its why humanity was able to survive in the early onset of human evolution amid hunger problems due to the change in the climate.

I don't think going into a butcher's and screaming at a few pork chops is the same as an adrenaline rush when your team scores the winner in injury time!  

Smile and give your face a holiday - Jerry Cronin
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
Rick12
April 16, 2020, 4:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Chazzer

I don't think going into a butcher's and screaming at a few pork chops is the same as an adrenaline rush when your team scores the winner in injury time!  
No  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
Heisenberg
April 16, 2020, 10:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,115
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Gaffer58

There will always be another pub, butchers or garden centre. However, you only have one club, and once it’s gone.....
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
Posh Harry
April 17, 2020, 6:15am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,376
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Heisenberg

There will always be another pub, butchers or garden centre. However, you only have one club, and once it’s gone.....

Another pub? Blimey, I’d give my right arm for just the one at the moment 🍺 😢
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 17, 2020, 8:48am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,321
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from pizzzza

Does JF get criticism for being prudent? I think most appreciate that we have to live within our means and run a tight ship. Most criticism that I see directed at JF is stuff like the endless PR gaffes, failure to deliver a new stadium, the string of failed managerial appointments, etc. (but that's a whole different story of course...).

I suspect that the string of poor managerial appointments is directly attributable to his prudence.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › HELPING OUR CLUB FINANCIALLY

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.