Mayaman
April 14, 2020, 4:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
Town 2 - 1 Sydney FC 1

Despite Town's possession play, the visitors took the lead. The Mariners score just before the interval with Billy Clarke sending the Antipodean keeper the wrong way.  Sydney pressed for a second smacking a thundering shot against the bar. Town though took the lead with a sublime finish from Matt Green on the edge of the box bending it just inside the upright.  Town had a scare with one minute to go as Sydney slotted home but it the ref's assistant deemed the attacker to be offside.
Logged Offline
Private Message
pizzzza
April 14, 2020, 4:56pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Mayaman
Town 2 - 1 Sydney FC 1

Despite Town's possession play, the visitors took the lead. The Mariners score just before the interval with Billy Clarke sending the Antipodean keeper the wrong way.  Sydney pressed for a second smacking a thundering shot against the bar. Town though took the lead with a sublime finish from Matt Green on the edge of the box bending it just inside the upright.  Town had a scare with one minute to go as Sydney slotted home but it the ref's assistant deemed the attacker to be offside.

Didn't this happen like a fortnight ago?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
Posh Harry
April 14, 2020, 5:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,376
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from pizzzza

Didn't this happen like a fortnight ago?

Yep. He drew 1-1 with Morecambe yesterday I think in the new version that only footballers are allowed to play in and he is playing Hearts tonight. Think it is a 3 team mini league with the winner going forward to the next round.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
promotion plaice
April 14, 2020, 5:29pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,083
Gold Stars: 201
Quoted from Posh Harry

Yep. He drew 1-1 with Morecambe yesterday I think in the new version that only footballers are allowed to play in and he is playing Hearts tonight. Think it is a 3 team mini league with the winner going forward to the next round.

It's going to be split into 16 groups of four, each team will play three group stage matches.
The top two teams will advance to the last-32 of the competition.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
Posh Harry
April 14, 2020, 6:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,376
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from promotion plaice

It's going to be split into 16 groups of four, each team will play three group stage matches.
The top two teams will advance to the last-32 of the competition.

Cheers PP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
Mayaman
April 14, 2020, 6:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
It was supposed to be live against Hearts but that came on instead.  I think I've been duped. He looked better against them than he did against Morecambe.  He tried to walk into the goal.  Still I couldnt' do any better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
ex-merseymariner
April 14, 2020, 7:18pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,403
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Mayaman
It was supposed to be live against Hearts but that came on instead.  I think I've been duped. He looked better against them than he did against Morecambe.  He tried to walk into the goal.  Still I couldnt' do any better.

As per Twitter,  the EA servers were/are down, so games postponed. Even denied our virtual football fix!!!

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
arryarryarry
April 14, 2020, 7:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

As per Twitter,  the EA servers were/are down, so games postponed. Even denied our virtual football fix!!!

Have the computers got a Virus?
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stay INtertoto Cup

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.