KingstonMariner
April 13, 2020, 8:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jock dock tower
The home defeat by Crewe, Stan Bowles ran riot against that night. Hew as transferred to Carlisle the following season, and then QPR, the year after. He won 5 England caps while at Loftus Road.

One of the game's great entertainers in the 70s, alongside the likes of Tony Currie, Frank Worthington, Peter Osgood. All had flair, flamoboyance, and the crowds flocked to see them play. They only got 34 caps between them though (Currie winning
half of them) That's one less than the total number of England caps Adam Lallana has won.....

The players then didn’t benefit from so many international games as we have now. Also England tended to distrust flair players.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
barralad
April 14, 2020, 2:21pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
That Crewe game brought me down to earth....I thought we were invincible at home. The Southport defeat was a real bitter pill to swallow though. Absolutely nothing we tried to do came off..first time I realised that football wasn'the always fair...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
jock dock tower
April 14, 2020, 4:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Me here too Barralad. Two successive home defeats and I was in need of valium!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › October 1971

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.