2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
March 17, 2020, 3:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Just back with my wife from the dentist and I had to take the car in for MOT yesterday (can't be without it in case I have to take Mrs Swin to hospital or doctors etc) but I took it in before 8am when the hordes turn up

Got a blood test for cancer markers and clotting for pulmonary embolism at my doctors on Monday - how the hell can you stay at home? It's not as easy as it sounds, getting help with shopping is fantastic but is just a part of it.

Struggling to achieve a balance between safety and reasonable risk.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
cmackenzie4
March 17, 2020, 6:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.24
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Good luck ipswin, sorry to hear about your situation, stay positive mate. 👍

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
moosey_club
March 17, 2020, 7:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,318
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from 123614
Am I wrong in thinking there is a hell of a lot of speculation going on re the Corona virus?  I saw yesterday somewhere that there would be 60 Million deaths in the world from this virus  Today I have just seen that the Government have said that any people over the age of 70 who do not self isolate over the 4 months of self isolation that is about to be started, can be fined up to £1000 and if they are tested positive, could go to jail!  I don't understand this, is the whole world going mad?

Cracking......  you are so supposed to be self isolating and seeing as you wasn't we will sentence you to a couple of months in an already overcrowded prison  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
rancido
March 17, 2020, 7:30pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,658
Gold Stars: 101
I have health issues and my partner is even worse off with heart disease, angina and is diabetic. I have an elder brother with COPD, who I would love to visit but I daren't. What worries me about him is that if he succumbs to this virus then it will almost certainly be fatal and I won't get the chance to see him or say goodbye. It's not just me as  there must be thousands of others in the same situation. It is so sad and tragic.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
Ipswin
March 17, 2020, 9:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from rancido
I have health issues and my partner is even worse off with heart disease, angina and is diabetic. I have an elder brother with COPD, who I would love to visit but I daren't. What worries me about him is that if he succumbs to this virus then it will almost certainly be fatal and I won't get the chance to see him or say goodbye. It's not just me as  there must be thousands of others in the same situation. It is so sad and tragic.

Feel for you mate, there is more to this 12 week isolation idea (which clearly isn't going to be anywhere near long enough BTW) than just getting someone to do the shopping, impossible decisions and problems the idea just doesn't envisage

Best wishes to all of you, hang in there somehow

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
Mighty_Mariner
March 17, 2020, 9:50pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,244
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Ipswin
Just back with my wife from the dentist and I had to take the car in for MOT yesterday (can't be without it in case I have to take Mrs Swin to hospital or doctors etc) but I took it in before 8am when the hordes turn up

Got a blood test for cancer markers and clotting for pulmonary embolism at my doctors on Monday - how the hell can you stay at home? It's not as easy as it sounds, getting help with shopping is fantastic but is just a part of it.

Struggling to achieve a balance between safety and reasonable risk.

Fingers crossed for your test results Swin. Hope you and Mrs Swin are managing to maintain a semblance of sanity whilst staying safe 👍

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
Heisenberg
March 17, 2020, 10:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,116
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from rancido

That’s heart breaking about your brother. I have a family member in a similar situation, he also has COPD. The nearest we’ll get to him for 3 months is probably a quick chat through a window whilst dropping off food.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Speculation

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.