This thread currently has 2,464 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
March 10, 2020, 11:34am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,727
Gold Stars: 174
Have to say that I found this tweet very amusing.  

[tweet]1235681333290115072[/tweet]

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
jock dock tower
March 10, 2020, 11:54am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Hard as nails up here Les!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
Gaffer58
March 10, 2020, 4:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
It’s the clubs fault, no kindergarten available so they have to play with the big boys.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
PaceyMariner
March 10, 2020, 5:06pm
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +266
Gold Stars: 4
This thread takes me back to the time we played Dundee at BP in a pre season friendly.

Me and my brother were walking across the road from the Leaking Boot when a Burberry clad Scotsman came bouncing across the road to us loudly proclaiming ‘We are the f*ckin Dundee Casuals!”  We just carried on walking leaving him stood there looking slightly awkward 😂

Pacey <*))))><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
dapperz fun pub
March 10, 2020, 8:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,063
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from PaceyMariner
This thread takes me back to the time we played Dundee at BP in a pre season friendly.

Me and my brother were walking across the road from the Leaking Boot when a Burberry clad Scotsman came bouncing across the road to us loudly proclaiming ‘We are the f*ckin Dundee Casuals!”  We just carried on walking leaving him stood there looking slightly awkward 😂

I actually had a pint with a couple of dundee fans after the game in clee purely by chance really , I remember them saying they thought they were going to a sleepy market type town not a tough as fuk shithole. I didn’t know wether to laugh or be offended tbh 🤨
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
KingstonMariner
March 10, 2020, 8:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I actually had a pint with a couple of dundee fans after the game in clee purely by chance really , I remember them saying they thought they were going to a sleepy market type town not a tough as fuk shithole. I didn’t know wether to laugh or be offended tbh 🤨

Wonder where they got the impression it was tough as fuk. I remember seeing a bunch of Town ‘lads’ run from them down Grimsby Road though. They taunted the Jocks from behind, and when they turned around and ran towards them the Town lads ran like my bottom after a vindaloo.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
dapperz fun pub
March 10, 2020, 10:34pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,063
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Wonder where they got the impression it was tough as fuk. I remember seeing a bunch of Town ‘lads’ run from them down Grimsby Road though. They taunted the Jocks from behind, and when they turned around and ran towards them the Town lads ran like my bottom after a vindaloo.

That was one incident mate I suppose  but I’m reliably told that jocks bit off more than they could chew  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
aldi_01
March 11, 2020, 8:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I do believe that the Dundee and Aberdeen game surprised many a drunken jock...

There’s a pattern with Scottish fans that’s often hidden by just saying ‘they know how to have a good time’.

Over the years there’s been several high profile incidents with Scottish fans, especially when coming down to England for a game. Celtic fans managed to cause mass disorder for a poxy friendly against a then urine poor Lincoln side. Rangers in the uefa cup, Celtic at Sunderland, Aberdeen caused bother at Burnley just to name a few recent ones...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
jock dock tower
March 11, 2020, 9:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
There's also been the "pattern" you talk about with English football fans, including Town. I went on Town's first two European pre season tours to Sweden and Denmark at the start of the noughties, but wouldn't go on the tour that took in two games in Ibiza for exactly that reason.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scottish hooligans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.