Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Swindon Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 246 Guests

Swindon Match Thread

This thread currently has 24,075 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
February 22, 2020, 4:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from golfer
Hope this wind stops I'm cycling back to Town for next weeks match

Won’t it help you on your way? A south westerly.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 167
Wolds Mariner
February 22, 2020, 5:00pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +13
Quoted from Ipswin

My apologies once again, I didn't realise we were supposed to be happy about losing games

Were happy because after a lot of sh*t years following the Mariners we finally look like a club heading in the right direction.

A mad 14 minutes away at the league leaders and you sound like your close to starting the 'Holloway out' brigade.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 167
Abdul19
February 22, 2020, 5:02pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220
12 minutes of awful defending cost us. Ah well.

First defeat in 6. Only the third defeat in 13. Hopefully get back to winning ways on Tuesday.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 167
aldi_01
February 22, 2020, 5:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Wolds Mariner

Were happy because after a lot of sh*t years following the Mariners we finally look like a club heading in the right direction.

A mad 14 minutes away at the league leaders and you sound like your close to starting the 'Holloway out' brigade.

I’m not arsed about Holloway either way. It’ll be what it’ll be but whilst there have been smatterings of improvements...how many times have we heard the phrase ‘a club going in the right direction’...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 167
dicko995
February 22, 2020, 5:05pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -252
Gold Stars: 26
As happens many times, some Players mouth off in the Telegraph about what they gonna do, and it all backfires. Ollie is everywhere around the Town making a name for himself. Maybe its time he went into obscurity and got on with the training. Its not all about you Ollie, its about our Club, stop making a name for yourself and sort it out. Fed up of all the silly quotes etc, stick with the training, don't speak to the Press, stop your money making journals and get on with what your paid for. Too many of you lot on here are drawn into what he is doing, no man is bigger than the Club, read it and believe it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 167
ginnywings
February 22, 2020, 5:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from dicko995
As happens many times, some Players mouth off in the Telegraph about what they gonna do, and it all backfires. Ollie is everywhere around the Town making a name for himself. Maybe its time he went into obscurity and got on with the training. Its not all about you Ollie, its about our Club, stop making a name for yourself and sort it out. Fed up of all the silly quotes etc, stick with the training, don't speak to the Press, stop your money making journals and get on with what your paid for. Too many of you lot on here are drawn into what he is doing, no man is bigger than the Club, read it and believe it.

Just Wow!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 167
sonofmadeleymariner
February 22, 2020, 5:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Well following that 2nd half I think we misjudged Towns preformance in the 1st and Swindon were making us look better then we were.

We didn't deal with the wind even half as well as they did.
We didn't make use of the ball being held up by the wind like they did.
We certainly did't take our chances like they did.

Today I think we were tactically out done. We didn't press them and force them to hoof the ball like Swindon tried with us. Our midfield went missing today can't say any of them played well in the end. Strikers fed on scraps in the end. Defence had a disasterous 10 minutes which gifted the result to them.

Our subs had no impact at all even though the change of shape did seem to help. We need to move on quickly and got to remember we were talking relegation worries a couple months ago and just played top of the league away from home.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 167
Ipswin
February 22, 2020, 5:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Wolds Mariner

you sound like your close to starting the 'Holloway out' brigade.

Not at all However I think I have already posted in another thread somewhere that the only thing I am interested in is results. Nothing else matters, I don't care if they are all 1-0 hoofball type wins so long as we win.

Whilst I welcome the 'mad as a box of frogs' PR boost he has given to the club, buying replica shirts for kids, delivering humourous radio interviews, investing in the club and believing he can in some way affect the dream of a new ground are all secondary for me. Promotion from this league and hopefully the next through results on the pitch will be how he is judged as far as I am concerned.

I will support him until he is sacked after a long winless run or until the blokes in white coats take him away (whichever happens first)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 167
barralad
February 22, 2020, 5:09pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from dicko995

Christ on a bike..😨😨

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 167
moosey_club
February 22, 2020, 5:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,317
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from dicko995

Has he run over your dog ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 167
17 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Swindon Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.