13 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
golfer
November 23, 2019, 1:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
If the referee is not sure on a decision and he asks for assistance-fair enough-otherwise keep your fking nose out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 120
Theimperialcoroner
November 23, 2019, 1:08pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
VAR is male masturbation

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 120
mimma
November 23, 2019, 1:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 78
Cricket has got it right. The umpire makes a decision. It can only be overturned in the case of LBW if only gets overturned if it is missing or hitting by a big margin. If it marginal then the original decision stands because the human eye cannot see such small margins.

In offside scrap the stupid lines and slide rules. If it is too close to call the original decision stands.Only If it is very clearly off or not  then overrule the decision. It would speed up the review because it would have to be be clear to the naked eye wether it was wrong or not.

Same with handball. The ball has to be deflected to make a difference.  We had a decision where the ball touched an arm as it dropped so a penalty was given. To me that was stupid as it made no difference to the game and the attacking team did not even appeal. We had to wait several minutes before it was given. Under last years rules it wouldn't have been given. The rules were changed to accommodate VAR.  That is wrong IMHO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 120
FishOutOfWater
November 24, 2019, 1:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Stadium

The referee has the final say.
In the case of the fox tackle it was the correct decision.
My issue would be that var was only used in selected matched that weekend.

My take on that as a spectator

Martin Atkinson gave a yellow card to Fox based on what he'd seen.... he saw what I saw; a clumsy mistimed tackle a couple of minutes in to the game

What followed though as a fan was a lot of confusion...

Atkinson may have had the final word in that he was the one who changed the yellow into a straight red but how did he arrive at that decision?

There were no protests from the Palace players trying to get Fox sent off.... it was reviewed by an anonymous official who somehow got word to Atkinson that his eyes were deluding him so as to the ref's decision being final, in our case it was the man in the middle who gave the judgment after the verdict had been decided miles away from Selhurst Park

For that reason, though VAR might have had potential.... I'm out  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 113 - 120
November 24, 2019, 2:24pm
Guest User
VAR  was intoduced to make sure Liverpool wins the premiership. IMHO
Reply: 114 - 120
malkamalka
November 24, 2019, 2:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
As usual, PIGMOB over complicate things because their officials are basically useless.

Why should Offside be about anything other than the position of a player's feet?
All this crap using slide rules to see if a bald blokes head is playing a hairy sod onside is ridiculous. Or if an elbow is offside, or a hand?

The time wasted is more than they ever book any player for.

The adrenalin rush you get when your team scores is taken out of the game by these over officious fools.

Why waste time looking at cards? It's a foul said Atkinson - Yellow. It's a foul says some anonymous body 30 miles away - Red. WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Now we've had Riley say that VAR decisions were wrong and cost Arsenal a win against Palace. That's all right them Mike, mate.

No, it's tantamount to level 4 match fixing.

It'll be all fixed when BJ gets Brexit done FFS!

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 120
Gaffer58
November 24, 2019, 3:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Feel for premiership fans slightly, their team scores a goal and just as they start celebrating up pops VAR, everybody then waits, sometimes 3/4 minutes whilst probably a championship referee looks at the evidence and decides to rule out the goal. The fans then shake their heads, because although they are in the ground nobody explains the decision. It must be extremely frustrating for them, but at least they've got prawn sandwiches to eat!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 120
lew chaterleys lover
November 24, 2019, 4:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,786
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

My take on that as a spectator

Martin Atkinson gave a yellow card to Fox based on what he'd seen.... he saw what I saw; a clumsy mistimed tackle a couple of minutes in to the game

What followed though as a fan was a lot of confusion...

Atkinson may have had the final word in that he was the one who changed the yellow into a straight red but how did he arrive at that decision?

There were no protests from the Palace players trying to get Fox sent off.... it was reviewed by an anonymous official who somehow got word to Atkinson that his eyes were deluding him so as to the ref's decision being final, in our case it was the man in the middle who gave the judgment after the verdict had been decided miles away from Selhurst Park

For that reason, though VAR might have had potential.... I'm out  

Exactly. I was disgusted at the time of Fox's red card and I am still miffed. Anybody would think I bear a grudge.

The match referee took all considerations into account at the time and deemed it a yellow. That alone would have stopped Fox or anybody else getting too pumped up.

To overturn that just because someone miles away thought he would have to get involved in the game because he could, was madness then and it is madness now.

Goals should not be ruled out for slide rule offsides. I have seen some posters sanctimoniously argue that "if he is offside he is offside" even if it takes a slide rule to decide, and even then it is open to interpretation. Complete madness.

I don't know why Premier League fans aren't more up in arms about it and boycott some games to bring the authorities to their senses.
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 120
Ipswin
November 24, 2019, 6:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Stadium

The referee has the final say.
In the case of the fox tackle it was the correct decision.
My issue would be that var was only used in selected matched that weekend.

FFS are we still going on about that !

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 120
Stadium
November 24, 2019, 10:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Ipswin

FFS are we still going on about that !

Keep up at the back.
LCL resurrected the discussion about the VAR decision in that game.
The majority accepted the decision at the time & moved on.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 120
13 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › VAR & Martin Atkinson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.