Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 253 Guests

Just back...

This thread currently has 15,964 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
September 28, 2019, 10:29pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from jaygy
Saw the coopers bus pulled on the hard shoulder just outside exeter and then just seen one heading past Birmingham going in the opposite direction, I hope that's not a rescue mission  as it will be past midnight before it gets there

I'm not on it but they did break down and were stuck for two hours...not been a good week for them travelling wise.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 58
forza ivano
September 28, 2019, 10:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Akeem had a decent game today don't write the lad off and Mosses played well lets try to support the whole team.

My thoughts entirely
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 58
supertown
September 28, 2019, 11:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,471
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from jaygy
Saw the coopers bus pulled on the hard shoulder just outside exeter and then just seen one heading past Birmingham going in the opposite direction, I hope that's not a rescue mission  as it will be past midnight before it gets there

Their busses must all be 50 yrs old !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 58
jaygy
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Back home now after a rolling road block on the way home.

What a performance from every player on that pitch today! I can understand why people were unsure of MJ's selection at first but I have to say he got it right, the pace we had on the counter was incredible for the two goals that killed the game off in the second half.

Max Wright is fantastic and caused them so many problems that they just resorted to kicking him around and he has a great knack of drawing a foul. Pollock and Waterfall were excellent at the back repelling most of what was thrown at them when Exeter were piling on the pressure. So hard to pick a man of the match today but I'd give it to Robson for a wonder goal and then great composure for his second.

I was surprised when I found out there was only 261 of us there as it certainly sounded like more at times. Exeter were a very welcoming club too with loads of signs thanking us for making the long journey and the fan zone was a lovely little touch which I think our club should seriously look to do sometime soon.

Just seen that Colin Murray has chosen us for team of the day too which is a nice touch
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 58
gtfckyle
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +25
Honestly must have watched a different game, thought Rose had a stinker. Don’t remember him doing anything other than that ball for Wright before the pen? All good and well, we won but think people would have a different opinion had we lost that...

Not writing him off, just acknowledging he didn’t come off great today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 58
conscorner
September 28, 2019, 11:03pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +300
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from supertown

Their busses must all be 50 yrs old !

On the move again  - eta Grimsby 1.30am - thank goodness we won!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 58
AussieMariner
September 28, 2019, 11:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from conscorner

On the move again  - eta Grimsby 1.30am - thank God we won!

Bon voyage

Hope the rest of your journey home goes well

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 58
blundellpork
September 28, 2019, 11:49pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,668
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from Heisenberg

Are Hanson and Green now the Plan B?!

Much preferred today’s style of play. Without Hanson we played passing football rather than the usual hoof up field. Robson is a quality player in the middle who can retain the ball under pressure, and Wright can carry the ball. More of the same please Jolley,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 58
KingstonMariner
September 29, 2019, 12:06am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jaygy
Back home now after a rolling road block on the way home.

What a performance from every player on that pitch today! I can understand why people were unsure of MJ's selection at first but I have to say he got it right, the pace we had on the counter was incredible for the two goals that killed the game off in the second half.

Max Wright is fantastic and caused them so many problems that they just resorted to kicking him around and he has a great knack of drawing a foul. Pollock and Waterfall were excellent at the back repelling most of what was thrown at them when Exeter were piling on the pressure. So hard to pick a man of the match today but I'd give it to Robson for a wonder goal and then great composure for his second.

I was surprised when I found out there was only 261 of us there as it certainly sounded like more at times. Exeter were a very welcoming club too with loads of signs thanking us for making the long journey and the fan zone was a lovely little touch which I think our club should seriously look to do sometime soon.

Just seen that Colin Murray has chosen us for team of the day too which is a nice touch

Those flipping Mind badges don’t stay upright! Pins below the centre of gravity.

If we think we have problems because of our location, Exeter must be at least as bad. Maybe Plymouth is a bit worse. So they’ve worked hard to make it attractive. Also owned by the fans - many hands make light work.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 58
TownSNAFU5
September 29, 2019, 12:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
The team today had skill, pace,  youth, energy and quality.  Just the qualities to give Chelsea something to think about.  Even though we would have lost anyway.

Great response today.  Such character.  We could not have had a harder match, and after less than 3 days.  A very long journey as well.

If Max Wright had the football intelligence to draw fouls, and be a marked man, then he is already preparing for playing at a higher level.  This his first league 90 mins?  An exciting player.

The whole team did well.  Well done Michael Jolley for playing a team that fans want to see.

How come we did not concede the first goal?

I see that Chelsea won easily today with 5 outfield players on the pitch that played against us.  Also, that Lampard publicity had a go at Hudson-Ooi for not working hard enough against us.  To quote Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, “I thought for a minute we were in trouble there” 😏
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.